When Dane gets up from his nap he usually needs a little bit of time to wake up and ready himself for the second half of the day (read...wakes up grumpy). This day was no different. He sat on the floor sulking back to reality and noticed Reed's pants on the couch. He pulled them off and was looking at how long they were. And without coaxing or making him, I suggested he try them on to see if they fit.
That night when we were started reading scriptures he ran over and sat on my lap and whispered in my ear (Do. Not. Tell. the big kids I wore Reed's pants today!!) He was so adamant about it and I said I wouldn't. Just a couple minutes later, he broke down in tears and said, 'Guys, I have something funny to tell you.' (only it didn't feel funny because by this time he was full out bawling). Then through sobs he confesses to putting on the babies pants and that they fit. Milo and I just looked at each other and tried to console him. For the record, even though he had a nap, he was over tired and emotional and very upset with himself for putting on those pants. And he blamed me! I did suggest putting them on and at the time, he thought it was funny too. But he is a grudge holder and if it gets brought up, he's mad at me all over again.
I just had to document this bad photos and all. We're not making fun of him, really we're not. He's a future class clown so I know one day he'll find this funny. Just right now I cannot show him my blog!
16 comments:
I'm so glad you captured this Melanie, it's but one more reason you gotta love a blog.
I can't believe he was so traumatized by it. Somedays kids make no sense at all, do they?
I cannot believe how bog Reed is getting! And he's still cute as ever! I've never seen him in person, but I know he's just one of those squeeze-worthy babies!
That is so stinking cute about poor little Dane. What a sweetheart. And for the record, my 4 year old loves meatballs. It's her favorite food! Maybe in several years they'll be a match made in heaven
Soo Funny! Sounds like such a Dexter thing right now. I am always in trouble for something! Even if I was completely innocent!
Melanie, this is such a funny story. I am sure that he will find it funny someday.
oh sweet Dane.
You can always show that picture of of him at his wedding.... :)
HAve a great day :)!
HILARIOUS!!! I love his capri overalls. That is so funny. I can't believe they fit! It's even funnier that Dane didn't want you to tell the other kids, but then he "confesses" to them. So innocent and honest.
You need to read him stories of Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn and then maybe he can relate. Get him a fishin' pole first and a straw hat!! He has such a tender little heart, this does not surprise me. XOXOXO 22 days and counting!
First, I cannot believe your 4 1/2 year old still takes naps!! How fabulous for you!
And how funny that he told everyone (even though he was so upset)!!
Reed is so cute...he is getting big...I just want to squeeze him (in the best way :)
Oh my goodness! That is so, so funny. I knew Dane was little, but boy, he really is tiny! That is such a cute pic of him though. And a cute one of Reed too!
that is probably one of the funniest things that I've ever heard!!!
Reed is so darling and SO big! Apparently, I haven't stopped by in awhile as I am in total shock! This story is so funny and so tender at the same time! Cute little Dane! What a doll!
I am sure that he will love this documentation later on in his life - if not, you can hang it over his head when he is a teen!
Melanie-This is child abuse. I love Dane-he is so funny!
This story is sooo funny! I was cracking up the whole time, and picturing Dane confessing through his sobs that he tried on the babies pants- so funny!
That is so funny! Just think how long Reed is going to be able to wear those overalls :-)
So, so funny!! My question, how did Nathan and Kathryn react to his confession? Dane, you are one funny kid!!
So funny! I'm glad that you documented it. It just cracks me up!! It was like a week ago that you told this to me, and I'm just barely reading it. At least it gave me a good laugh all over again!!
Post a Comment