Tuesday, August 18, 2009
A New Road
We are finally headed down a new road, Milo starts working tomorrow morning at 8am! Surprisingly, it was a hard decision to make. Among other things, it's not in his field of study (it's HR management stuff) and we kept going back and forth deciding if he should just take it because a job's a job and deal with finding an accounting job later or hold out for 'the one' job that might take who knows how many more months (not the best option). Things will still be tight but the positives out weigh the negatives and that's all that matters right now because we're done with negatives around here.
One big positive, Milo will be working here in town, he's worked out of town our whole marriage and I don't think this one will take getting used to. He works 5 minutes from home. He's going to be able to coach Dane's soccer team and attend most, if not all of Nathan and Kathryn's games. Oh another big plus, he'll be around to help run around to all the practices with 3 kids on 3 different teams, yeah! So it's onto finding positives that seemed so far away just a week ago.
We've made it through 6 months of unemployment and I'm proud of us because at times, it felt like making it was the hardest thing there was to do. I know that's how our trials shape us but staying patient and positive was getting harder and harder (dang adversary). I've been bitter about our last job and the many issues associated with it, I've been angry, I've cried, worried, stressed and thought about our future and where I assumed we would be. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is not a good road to go down. I've gained 10 pounds (there I said it in case you're seen me and have wondered. Admitting is the first step to change, right?) and think about losing it all. the. time. Why do I ever think I'm in charge when I know, know, I'm not?
I have had a full heart today. We have been blessed again and again in the last 6 months and I hope each person was blessed for their service. I am so grateful for each giver of time, money, food, hugs, smiles, encouragement, understanding, friendship and love that has reached out to each one of us. We have much to pay forward!
(Know of any project management jobs? Send them my way because now we need a new road for Kyle.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

25 comments:
Hoooray! I've been hoping for this post a long time, not as long as you, but long.
I love the picture and this quote:
"Woulda, coulda, shoulda is not a good road to go down." Profound Melanie and beautifully illustrated.
I'm excited for your future and really glad you're staying in "our town". Congrats to all of you for surviving unemployment. That is quite a feat.
Wow. Congratulations! I've thought you've seemed remarkably calm in your blog posts. You made being unemployed look so easy. ;) But I know it's not, and that in real life (not in the blog world) you must have been really stressed out. Good luck to you and Milo and your family as you begin down this new road.
"we're done with negatives around here." I LOVE it!
I am so happy for you guys. Keep plugging along, and the best WILL come- right when you least expect it. Love you guys :)
Yea!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. That is terrific news! These are such scary times. You always seemed to be very positive during it all. I'm sure it's nice to have that weight off your shoulders. Here's to a happy fall!!
Glad to hear that Milo has a new job! Wow 6 months of unemployment . that had to be so stressful!
GOOD luck with this New Road! :)
I am so happy for you guys! You soo deserve this, and we are still praying for you, as we have the last 6 mos! Although this isn't the "perfect" job...I know this road is going to be better and many good experiences will come from it! Good Luck Milo! Love you guys!
WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That says Whoo Hoo in case you were wondering! :)
Yea! I'm happy for you guys!! It is a hard, stressful time and I'm glad it's over for you guys. Just keep thinking about how much better it will be and that new job Will start to look perfect! :) Tell Milo Congrats from me and Sean! Although I don't know if I'd be excited about the running around with 3 diff teams, I may have wanted an outta town job! ;)
I'm so happy that Milo started work today. You've been in our prayers. I have marveled at the way you two have handled this trial in your life. Thanks for teaching me so much about faith and having a positive attitude. I say it's time for a celebration. PARTY!
Woohoo what a blessing! I know the pain of having an unemployed husband all too well and it just sucks! You came through it like a champ (at least according to your blog posts) and I'm so happy for your family. It will be so nice having Milo work close to home, I'm sure it will feel like he's being paid in extra hours too.
Whew! One more big step! I knew you could do it. Miss all of you...
Lucky you! Maybe our time will come soon. You guys needed this so I'm glad it worked out. :)
I'm excited for Milo (and the rest of you) and hope this brings bigger and better things your way! I know Milo will be great at whatever he does. He's just that kinda guy!
Good luck bro, I love you lots!
P.S. Love the picture Mel...I love pictures of tree lined roads!
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!!!!!!!! :) Glad to hear that things are going much better. "Unenjoyment" is NOT a fun road to go down, but you two have done it with style and class. I hope to see you around the gym-gotta get caught up. Hope all goes well for Milo with his new adventure. Congrats and best wishes!
Congratulations, Milo and Melanie! Six months is a dang long time and while the lessons learned from adversity may be helpful, having a job and income sure is nice too. I'm glad that Milo will be able to do so many things with the family, thanks to the close proximity of his job.
Here's a hug!
It will be good Mel. I think opportunities will open up from this experience. How many accountants know anything other than numbers! He'll be a hot commodity in no time at all(to people that pay better than you that is!)
Oh yeah baby! I'm so excited for you both. Tell Milo good luck and not to wrestle with the boss on the first day. It looks bad.
CONGRATULATIONS!! This is great news. I sure hope the new road works out wonderfully for you.
I saw the man today working hard, telling us he was going to lunch. I told him to pass the message along that I was coming too....What did you make?
Good luck with your fresh start. I am sure him working so close will be a big blessing.
I am so happy that Milo found a job....that is wonderful for you guys. I have been so impressed with your attitude and how you have handled everything. I can't imagine how difficult the past few months have been for you....you are amazing!
I hope he is liking the job!
Yea!! So glad Milo found employment right there in Moses. I don't know if Chandra could have handled you moving out of the ward right now:)
I'm sure it feels so nice to be going down a new road after all these months. Cogratulations!
That is so great! I have to admit though I'm a little sad you aren't coming to Utah. Having a job so close to home will be so great! Congrats, give Milo a hug for me.
I am so happy for you and the new job. I hope it is great for Milo and that is so wonderful he is so close to home.
Post a Comment