Friday, August 05, 2011

The Eight Year Old Cousins

On Milo's side of the family we've had a couple groups of cousins born close together. It's hard to believe the first group of three are turning 8 this year. Actually, Jayni and Malcolm have already turned 8 and Dane has one month to go, he is 2 months younger. (the other group of four cousins would. not. sit still for a photo, they're 3.5). I love these three together, it's fun for me to see them play and genuinely have a good time running around or playing ds, ha. What fun cousins are!

I'm glad we could be there to support Jayni and Malcolm on their special day. Dane was looking forward to it all day long (6pm is a long wait), I'm sure getting excited for his own baptism next month. I always feel a nostalgic at baptisms. It's their first big step in life and yet they are still so little. From here it's only 4 years to the priesthood/young womens, four more years they are driving/dating (yikes!) and a short 3 years from there the boys are old enough to serve missions. Not sure I'll ever 'get over' that time line but we roll with it, right?

They all love the 'silly' photo.

Coming up... Dane's baptism September 17th.

{and more blogging if I would ever get in gear!}

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Those are great shots Melanie!

I hope our grandkids come in sets, too, so they will have cousins. Cali begged the other kids to have kids quick so Levin won't be alone.

I love it when you post. I miss you.

Jill said...

Having cousins close in age is so fun! These pictures are darling.

Marion said...

Cute. Cute. And more cute! What a special day this was. I love all the cousins together. I love all of us together. We're growing and we've outgrown my house! But what a blessing it is. I can't wait for Dane's baptism next. Thanks for taking such cute pictures.

Melinda said...

Those are such cute pictures. I love having cousins close together. Livy is so excited she is getting baptized in Dec.

donna said...

Very cute pictures....

Anna said...

Your kids are lucky. My kids are all in between the clusters (on Preston's side, of course). I have to say that Dane really looks a lot like Milo!

michelle said...

Cousins really are the best. I think kids who see their cousins regularly are so lucky.

Having one who just became a deacon and one who is getting his driver's license this week, I can attest that those 4 year segments really do fly by!