Here's our Saturday in plenty of photos.
The kids right before the 'Dollar Dive'. They throw in gold dollar coins and a bunch of Oriental Trading toys (er, junk) into piles of hay and let the kids go searching.
Reed couldn't wait for his turn.
He 'found' 2 gold dollar coins with help from my foot and plenty of toys (er, junk). I'm not loving this photo but hey, it is what it is. I'm huge. I would like to point out that someone is behind me so my legs aren't quite as large as they seem, ha!
The big kids a little more serious about finding the gold coins. So grossed out that Nathan took off his shoes! Poor Kat is still suffering from all the hay dust a whole day later. They add more and more hay for each age group and immediately she has red eyes and a cough. I think next year, we'll just have to give her a dollar or two.
Especially since not one of the big kids found anything but more....toys.
They hula hooped.
Some lasted longer than others.
I waited with Dane and Reed to go on a big blow up slide. Reed climbed half way up, felt scared and came back down.
Dane flew down the slide in a couple tumbles. Reed was standing next to me the whole time we waited for Dane. Just as Dane got off the slide a neighbor stopped us to chat. Her daughter was in Dane's class so she talked some to him and some to me. In two minutes, I looked down at my leg and couldn't see Reed. I didn't panic immediately but started scanning around and calling his name. Our neighbor was starting to look as well and then I found him.....
He had totally cut in line and went right into the bounce house without me (it was right next to the blow up slide)! I went over there and he was having the time of his life. When he got off, I told him he couldn't do that and that I didn't know where he was. His response? 'I was just sneakin' over there and got in that bounce house.' Ha!
He had two balloon swords and a balloon giraffe. He loved them.
Their last activity was face painting. His request? Captain America. This is what the face painter came up with and he was in love.
Until next year....
6 comments:
Melanie, you were so teensy, tiny I had to blow up the picture to even find you. You look terrific. I'm so glad you're pregnant.
I cannot believe how much Reed has changed. I had to keep looking back and forth between him and Preston to figure out which one he was for sure.
Yes, yes. I think giving Kat a couple of coins is probably a good idea.
Fun! Kate was jealous! Haven't seen the boys hair fixed like that...you should do it more...it looks good!
This does look like a fun work party! There were so many things to do! I hope your feeling well. You look great!
What a fun party. The hay thing does seem like a torture game though... even people who aren't allergic still itch! I would go for the money too!
It looks like you guys are having a fun summer. I hope you are feeling good!
Oh wow! I jsut caught up on your posts....I have been a terrible blogger this summer (but I am going to get better!).
First, Reed is a DOLL!! Love the hair! And Brody is into super heros too....and I don't even know how he knows about them!! All of a sudden he wants a batman shirt and shows me his muscles all the time. 3 year old boys are so dang cute!!
You guys had a BUSY summer!! So fun!
What an event! I'm impressed with all the money and effort it would take to pull off something like that.
I can NOT believe how big Reed is! Holy cow. (I just accidentally typed "holly cow." not sure what that is.)
Post a Comment