Saturday, September 29, 2012

So Much More

If you 'like' www.mormon.org on Facebook, you've probably seen this photo I spent today thinking about. My mom always told us 'life isn't fair' and she usually followed it up with a classic such as 'like it or lump it'. We laugh about it now (well, Kyle and I do) but isn't this a true statement?

I'm grateful for this Jenny (she has a great profile) and for many different 'Jennys' in my life too. My good examples, my serving family/friends, those that live the gospel they love, kind strangers, etc. I remembered this post more than once today and I thought to myself, 'so much more, so much more' and it helped lift me. I'm happy to know there is so much more being offered to me if I can stay focused, committed and patient (among other things). I know it isn't always easy and I'm not pretending it is. It's hard! While I haven't lost a child in a tragic accident like this Jenny has, in the face of my trials, I feel my Savior's love for me in the same overwhelming way. On a daily (hourly) basis even. It confirms my knowledge that He knows who I am and who I can become. What a blessing.

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Times like this I wish I were on FB. Times like this I'm glad you post what you find on FB.

It's so true. It's oh, so true.

I loved the women's conference last night. Really loved it.

donna said...

wonderful post...

Lyle and Mary: said...

I don't say it often enough, in fact almost never...but I love your insight and your posts! How did you get so wise at such a young age???