Thursday, December 27, 2012
Real Life
I have been in the thick of real life the past few weeks and haven't taken more than a few pictures to document this final month of 2012. December has flown by me faster than any other month this year. And that's saying something because it's been quite a year around here.
I haven't publicly written about life on my blog though most (all?) everyone I know and love has been with me along the way. Life became very hard for me starting in February and in May, Milo and I separated. It was so, so hard. There is no way to explain the heartbreak and how sad I felt in one blog post. I lived daily life as a single mom with 5 young kids for seven months. Every single day was hard. I had a broken heart, a heavy load and many demands placed upon my shoulders. I didn't know if my marriage would end in divorce, the one thing I never wanted to put my family through. It was the most painful thing I've ever been asked to go through. Yet at the same time, I felt more love from my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ than I ever had before. I felt sustained and lifted and once I looked for tender mercies in my life, I found them. Many of them too personal to share here but I have a strong testimony that tender mercies are waiting to be found. The Lord is so merciful in our times of trial. He knows who we are, just what we need and when we need it. Those simple truths became a lifeline for me. I hope to never forget how even in the darkest days, I knew I was never alone.
For the past couple months Milo and I have been taking steps (however small they were) to save our family and get back together. It was a slow road. It was also a road onto which the adversary threw many road blocks. Thankfully with much guidance and counsel, Milo moved home two weeks ago. I am so grateful for the love we share and the love we both feel from our Heavenly Father. We both know we are starting what will be a long road. But, I know the Lord wont take the tender mercies away from me or from Milo or from our sweet kids (Who are amazing by the way. They have been so solid through this whole trial. Their strength is and has been inspiring). The same simple truths that sustained me the last seven months are sure to still be there as we work to become stronger together. I know He knows me and loves me no matter what. I know He knows and loves Milo just the same. He knows what we need and when we need it.
I am humbled by my blessings and my trials. As hard as it's been, I'm grateful for this year as well. I've been stretched and I've grown closer to my Heavenly Father. I've felt my Savior's love. I'm so grateful for the gift of hope He has given me. I'm grateful for the saying I've been told by a few different people- The scriptures say, 'and it came to pass' not 'and it came to stay'. So it is with this trial and time in my life (our lives), I (we) get through it one day at a time. I am so grateful for such a blessing in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
This is beautiful Melanie. I love that you reminded us that the Lord's mercy and blessings are visible/recognizable no matter what the circumstances if we look for them. I also love that you reminded us how deep the Lord's love is for every single one of us.
If anybody knows how to hoe a long row so that they have fruit at the end, it's you and Milo. I'm praying for your success.
Much love to you both.
I know it wasn't easy for you to write about all of this.. But I'm so glad that your and Milo are working hard to stay together...
BIG hugs....
Oh Melanie, thank you for your sweet testimony of tender mercies. I've felt them continually for these last few days (weeks) and know they exist also. Much love to you and Milo and I'm so happy to hear you are trying to make it through.
Many people wouldn't keep trying after what you've been put through so my hats off to you! You've been blessed during those long months and I am also grateful for tender mercies. Love you!
My heart hurts to know that you've been suffering for so long. I'm sorry. I'm hopeful for you and amazed at your spirit and resilience and faith. Love to you....
Love to the Bushman Family. Lots of it.
beautiful post, Melanie! I couldn't help but think of Grandpa Preston - "this too shall pass". Bless you both - bless you ALL! Happy 2013.
Love ya Melanie
Goodness Melanie, I'm so glad you've made it through this year so beautifully. Best wishes!
You are so AMAZING!
This had to be so hard to write about and I am amazed at how beautiful you wrote all of your feelings. I admire you so much for wanting to work at your marriage during a time when it seems people would rather give up and move on.
I am so glad you have felt tender mercy's in your life and have felt lifted and the love of our Savior. I have been praying for you since your sweet comment about my parents and I will continue to pray for you and yours and Milo's success.
Big hugs and love to you!
You are amazing! I pray for the best for you and your family. Your testimony is beautiful.
On a sidenote: Melinda and I went to lunch last month and she told me you had been on her mind and she wondered if something was going on... (in a nutshell, not word for word)... I think she is probably more sensitive due to the things she has going on her family but I was impressed she had picked up on a few small changes in your blog. You have been on my mind since then... I have been hoping things are ok at your house. I think of you as one of my favorite bloggers that I haven't met :)Anyway, your post made me sad that you have had to deal with so much, amazed at the strong mother you are, and impressed at your commitment to see if things can work out....
Thanks for your example. Your sweet spirit comes through even to those who have never met you.
Post a Comment