We have a couple upcoming tonsil surgeries at the end of the month (Kathryn and Nathan) that I feel somewhat stressed about. But, they are
nothing compared to the stress I felt this week over remaking Dane's blanket. I've honestly been more stressed about blanket surgery than I have been about my two oldest kids going under anesthesia (probably because that's still a few weeks out....).
 |
| crummy phone picture- it wasn't really stained pink |
Dane brought me his blanket a couple weeks ago and the back was literally ripped in two. He asked me to 'fix it' every day. I worried about it for over a week. He left it in my room so he wouldn't be tempted to sleep with it and rip it more (would that have mattered?). This blanket comforts him and helps him sleep and has for
years. I did not want to cut it up. I prayed for some help because I am not a skilled blanket surgeon. And because this blanket is
that important to Dane.
Look how much this blanket was loved!
 |
| The blanket. |
I did it. His blanket is all put back together though it will not be winning any quilt awards. In fact, it looks almost like Kat could've sewn it right after her first sewing lesson. The soft, broken-in flannel shifted and pulled the whole time I was sewing. My mom joked the sides could be described as 'scalloped, not crooked'. Ha. I told Dane I didn't sew it very well and the sides were really crooked (why would I tell a 9 year old boy that?). He exclaimed, 'That's OK, I'm a crooked-side kind of guy!'. He hugged and sniffed his blanket and then gave me a big bear hug. I may have won a few mom points on this one.
 |
| The boy with a new haircut and a tan from field day. |
Dane is funny and smart. He is adorable and witty. He is snuggly and so very tenderhearted. I love this boy and hope his 'new' blanket lasts another 9 years. I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father that answers prayers over a tattered, worn flannel blanket that comforts my little boy. Another tender mercy.
5 comments:
<3 that little boy!
So sweet
An excellent tender mercy!
I love these little stories that you record in life. I'm glad Dane gets that blanket a little longer to help him through rough times.
very sweet..
Post a Comment