A few more funnies from this guy from the past couple weeks-
**On certain days at school they have college spirit day. I don't really keep track of spirit days but Dane does. He leaves earlier than Reed so I remembered after Reed's bath to find him a college shirt. I was looking through his clothes and didn't think he had any.
Me- 'Bud, you don't have any college shirts. (pause) Oh wait, you do have one. Here is your UW Huskies shirt.'
Reed (in the most casual, almost irritated voice)- 'Alright, I'll wear it. It's not my favorite team, but I'll deal.'
What is he 10?
**He can't tie his shoes yet (and doesn't really have a desire to learn, that's the problem). I tried a little tough love with him one morning and after showing him 10 different times I told him he had to sit and try until it was time to get on the bus. After he was sufficiently frustrated, he stood up, lifted his foot high up in the air and said in his best Royal sounding voice, 'Will you do me the honors, please?' And then he bowed his head.
**He was getting dressed for bed one night and I told him to go brush his teeth. When I found him walking into his room I asked if he brushed his teeth. He said, 'Yeah, I did.', paused and then nonchalantly added, 'But I had to use yours.'
**Today we had our first skiff of snow that covered the grass. Once it was a little sunnier/warmer he asked to play outside and go sledding. I bundled him up and brought him the small one person sled. He wanted the bigger one so he could 'snowboard' down the front lawn but I told him the smaller one was just fine (I'm such a mom). Then I left him to play in the front yard for 10-15 minutes. When I opened the front door to check on things, I found him in the same spot I left him in. I asked him how it was going and as happy as could be he said, 'The sled doesn't work but the snow tastes good!' I ran back inside, grabbed my phone and took this picture. He told me snow was his favorite snack during wintertime. I warned him over and over about yellow snow. I hope he was listening!
**His skin is already really sensitive this winter. He has eczema all over his hands, one arm and his lower back. He's had a couple episodes where his hands have been bright red and burn once he comes inside. It was not pretty, he cried forever. I explained to him that he had to keep gloves on outside, he couldn't take a bath every day and his showers had to be shorter. I also told him he had to have medicine slathered on his rough spots morning and night. Apparently that broke him. He looked at me with his head to the side and said, 'Really, mom? Really?'
**He's already lost two pairs of gloves and a stocking hat. Like it's no big deal, he tells me 'I lost those gloves, can you find me new ones in the bucket?' It's a good thing he's cute or I might make him find a job to refill our winter bucket!
I just love this boy. He keeps me laughing all. the. time.
6 comments:
Read always makes me laugh. What a funny kid.
Make that Reed. Siri can't spell worth a hoot.
Reed is so cute...
How can you help not loving this lovable little boy. I don't ever want him to change. For sure he has his old grandma wrapped around his little fingers. Can't imagine life without him cracking us up!
Reed is a funny one! I love the story of him saying all happy that the sled doesn't work but the snow is good. I love how optimistic he is instead of complaining about the sled.
Aren't six year olds the greatest?? Reed looks darling, and oh so sweet.. almost cry sweet... You, Melanie, inspire me to be a better mom. Thank you.
Post a Comment