I rarely buy cereal unless our local grocery store has their major cereal sale. My cart looks absolutely ridiculous when I buy 40-50 boxes and every one comments on how much I'm buying. But it's the only smart way to have cereal in the house. At $1.78 a box, I stock up and don't buy it again for 6 months. I decided it's worth looking like a hoarder to save money.
These little Dr. Marten's started on Nathan's feet. I didn't even know I still had them and found them in the garage. I was definitely nostalgic when Owen wore them the first time. I snapped this before our 8:30am church started. Our new time hasn't killed us yet. In fact, we're liking it. Or rather, I'm loving the Sunday nap I take each week. Getting up that early on a Sunday earns one in my book.
We have another little Elmo loving boy. I am such a fan of Sesame Street. They have some hilarious parodies {The Hungry Games, music video Me Want It (But Me Wait)} and I love the guests. This is one show that's not painful for me to watch when Owen pats the couch and begs me to sit.
A couple months ago I went back to dark hair. I thought it might be easier than highlights. But, those darn gray hairs showed up much too soon. Back to highlights I went to hide my 'natural' highlights.
I first saw the PVC pipe fort on Patsy's blog. I then went to Pinterest and decided it was something I could do. I borrowed a pipe cutter (which was super slick and easy by the way), bought pipe and fittings and went to work. I put the boys to work measuring out the lengths we wanted and then we cut them together. We cut more pieces on the longer side than most blogs suggested but it's a good thing we did. Having five kids that want to fit in a fort need more room. All together I think the pipe and fittings were around $25-30.
Nathan went on his first winter camp out and they slept in snow caves. The day before he went all I could think about was outfitting him in so many layers he couldn't walk (as in The Christmas Story). Instead of dirty clothes, he came home with frozen ones. That white sock was a ball of ice and the black sock was frozen straight out and would not bend. In fact, his jeans could've stood on their own too. He has a few things to learn about keeping his stuff inside his bag, ha.
The young women drove up early the next morning to where the boys were camping and went sledding all day. It was a steep, steep hill and most girls went down once or twice and called it good. Except not my girl. She only took a break for lunch and matched the boys run for run. Of course! She had a scraped up cheek and forehead after crashing on ice but that didn't stop her either. Crazy girl.
The leaders said Nathan was no different. Run after run after run. I knew they were worn out when I suggested they head to bed at 8:10pm and they went without complaint. It's really great to have kids that love to have fun.
Speaking of Sunday nap hair, it's this the best?




No comments:
Post a Comment