Friday, December 19, 2014

Five for Friday

 1. The 16-17 year old youth at church brought us a big fruit basket and sang carols to us one night this week. The basket also had a personal treat for each person. Owen's treat was fruit snacks and he was overjoyed! Reed has found a love for kiwis and I've had grapefruit for breakfast. Fruit baskets are good.

 2. My mom has been baking and making candy like a mad woman. Sweet chex mix, white chocolate popcorn, orange cranberry bread, caramels and more. She brought most of her big bounty over for me to hand out to friends as a thank you for all they do for our family. She knew I didn't have time to bake while finishing the semester so she took that on without being asked. She has enjoyed all the hilarious comments on Facebook about how much energy she has and how many strangers she's feeding treats too. She's also folded more of our laundry this December than ever before. Moms are good for so many things and helping with goody deliveries and folded clothes have helped lift the load around here. Thanks mom!

 3. The little boys had a Christmas program today. Does this gym give you anxiety or what? Both my boys found where I was sitting with Owen but I couldn't find them (oh the shame) buried on the gym floor. They sang cute songs and had an entirely crazy day. Reed ate a cookie almost as big as a dinner plate and Dane drank four pops (take that healthy school eating ha!). Let Christmas break begin.

 Reed's first grade class won the art class award and he was so proud to pose next to his teacher. Owen and I helped in his class one day this week. By the time we left, Owen thought he was a first grader. He used the drinking fountain, helped himself to the library of books and even lined up for lunch. Not yet buddy, not yet.

 4. This girl. She had a reason to show some Christmas spirit today and she did not hold back. She came downstairs dressed as a Christmas tree. Never would I have done that at 14 (or any age really). I love her confidence and sense of self. Her only disappointment was she used a dead strand of lights. I doubt she makes that mistake next time.

5. I lost another crock pot tonight after dinner. I couldn't decide which held a sadder fate for me. The broken crock pot or the good leftovers still inside. There goes tomorrow's lunch.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How delightful to receive a nice fruit basket like that!

What a rock star your mom is for helping out so much like that. I'm confused though, I thought she lived in Las Vegas.

That gym definitely gives me anxiety!

Kat looks adorable!

I'd be more crushed about losing the leftovers than the crockpot!