Owen is my earliest riser, by far. It's not unusual for him to be up by 5:30/5:45 begging for oatmeal or french toast. Most of the time he's impatient and does his best to get me out of bed right away. I dread it as I am nothing close to a 5:30 type mom. A couple times a week he will give me a 6:00/6:15 gift and rarely a gift closer to 7am. That is a dreamy morning, ha. This was Sunday morning, he slept until 7 and was soooo happy. If only he'd listen to reason and realize how much happier he is with a few more zzzz's. Sigh. Maybe when he's older.
A couple days ago he came in happy even though it was early. He jumped up into my bed and said he wanted to snuggle. He laid next to me content to wait on breakfast. This is the conversation we had-
Me: You are so happy this morning. Did you sleep good?
O: Yeah! I'm Happy.
Me: What did you dream about? (I never ask him this question because he usually doesn't answer me)
O (in the happiest voice and with much feeling): Jesus Christ!
Isn't that just the sweetest? I have no idea what he dreamed about but it certainly could have been about his Savior. His nightly lullaby is I Stand All Amazed. He never wants me to sing anything else. He knows all the words to the first two verses and will correct me if I sing the wrong words (or try to skip a few lines). I'm so grateful for the lessons he teaches me. I have so, so much to learn.
Last night Reed asked if he could have a mom date and go get frozen yogurt with a gift card we had. I said no and then decided it wasn't a big deal to drive over and get some. We dropped the big kids off at scouts and YW and drove over there. On the way I started asking Owen questions. Me: Who is mommy's mom? O: Grandma DeeAnn. Me: Who is daddy's mom? O: Granmimi.
A few minutes later, Reed asked me who was his daddy's dad. I reminded him that it was Grandpa Ken and that he had died. He asked if he died before he was born. I said yes, he died before you were born. I had been watching him in the rear view mirror and his face was thinking the whole time we were talking. When I had told him he died before he was born his face fell a little. Then a couple seconds later he looked up, smiled big and said in the happiest voice, 'It's a good thing we resurrect, then!' Yes buddy, it is a really good thing.
I Know That My Reedemer Lives (Hymn #136) has been a popular hymn at church lately. It's been used a couple times in the past month. I love singing this song because it strongly testifies of Christ and the many ways He is there for us. One of the times we sang this song, I felt so much love when I read the words of the second verse. It taught me (again) that He is always aware of me.
He lives to grant me rich supply. He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint. He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled hear. He lives all blessings to impart.
Comfort me when faint? Check. Hear my soul's complaint? Check, check, double check.
Silence all my fears? Check x's 10. Wipe away my tears? Check. Every. single. time.
Calm my troubled heart? Always a check. All blessings to impart? Check with more checks to come.
Life is good. Don't get me wrong, it's hard too. Sometimes really hard. But, then I have reminders like these that it's really, really good.

2 comments:
Wow.
I love the way you checked the promises in vs 2 off. I'm going to use that idea in teaching. It felt good to read your testimony of the things He does.
Thank you.
So glad this little spirit was sent to our family.
Post a Comment