I can't believe that Nathan is 5! How can five years go by so fast? So much has happened since he was born. He is my sweet boy. He has my eyes, my nose and my personality. You know, the mother's curse? I am raising myself and already that has presented some challenges. Five things I love about Nathan-
1-He is active & loved playing soccer for the first time this fall. When he is tired, he gets wild.
2-He tells me I am 'So pretty' & 'So beautiful' at least 25 times a day.
3-When faced with the decision to lie or tell the truth, he always tells the truth when asked.
4-He LOVES music. He memorizes a song so fast. He wants to play the guitar, drums & violin.
5-He loves his family, is sweet in nature, is a crack up, always wants to 'help' & isn't he cute?
Ok, I know that is more than 5 but I just couldn't sum him all up. He is so fun to have around. With him you never know what he is going to say. On Halloween he had the parrot on his shoulder and after just a little while it started to annoy him. He kept asking me to fix the parrot's feet, 'trim them or something, so they don't scratch me.' His next solution was to become a pirate with a hook instead of a parrot. He wanted me to make a hook 'real quick' or stop at the store. He is always thinking. It was so funny, he had all of us laughing. He is serious a lot of the time and means business when he asks you for stuff, anything really. I am blessed to be his mom!
Basically this is the beginning of a seriously crazy week. Last week we had the flu here so every hair appointment I had scheduled, had to be rescheduled for this week. Bad idea, I am going to be really busy. I have so much hair to do, I have no idea when I'll get to the laundry. There is no kindergarten for the WHOLE week due to conferences! 5 days! Does that seem odd to anyone else? We never had a whole week off for conferences when I was in school. Does that make me sound 80? I am interested to talk to her teacher one on one. Our conference is scheduled for tomorrow. I don't not like her, I'm just not completely sold on her either. She always seems like her head is in the clouds when you talk to her. I think teaching 5-6 year olds would do that to me too. I have something Thurs that I am forgetting right now. A wedding for a brother in law on Fri and the reception on Sat. It should prove to be an interesting week, I hope I can stay focused and plan ahead. Whew!
What do you have planned for this week? Anything good or out of the ordinary?
1 comment:
I don't have anything out of the ordinary going on this week, just the same old busy crap. Actually this week is much easier than last week was, but I'm tired and run down this week so I'm not happy about having to do any of it. Wah.
How in the world did you get a sweet boy who tells you you're beautiful 25 times a day?? That would be good for the ego for sure.
Post a Comment