
When the kids get older I want to go back and do the corn maze. They had warnings all around to tell you it took an average of 1.5 hours to get through and it was muddy due to the conditions of wet weather that is way too normal over there. Only someone insane would have taken the crew we had through (4 kids ages 1,3,4,5 and 3 adults) but it looked so awesome. Seeing the maze from above made me feel a little uncreative, I would have never thought that could be done! Part of me still wonders it is real? Not sure if you can read this part or not but it has over 2 miles of mazes and 2 phases! Would you go through it and how old would your kids have to be?
After the pumpkin patch I highlighted my sister in law's hair and then we quick made cupcakes and headed out to their trunk or treat. The kids had a blast. They bobbed for powdered donuts (who wouldn't love that), had a cupcake walk and recieved play-doh instead of candy at a couple cars. I thought that was a great idea. Maybe next year I'll act like I thought it up all on my own.
I love how Jill always talks about Blogger's spell check. It gave me another good laugh tonight. The suggestions- Fujitsu for fajitias and Hempstead for hampster. At least I laughed.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Last weekend we took a little trip to visit with my brother and his family for a day and a half. This trip did not disappoint. I usually dread going over the mountain pass to get to his house in Seattle but this trip we had perfect weather. There and back! (Not always typical this time of year.) My mom was also visiting so we had the grandma factor to distract the kids. Love, Love, Love that too! Milo had to stay home, he worked Sat night. When we got there Fri we made fajitas and they were so good. YUM! Saturday was a little hectic but very enjoyable. We went to an awesome pumpkin patch at Stocker Farms in Snohomish, WA (I would link it but as Claudia puts it, I'm still in diapers with blogging. Baby steps here). It was so pretty, fall colors everywhere and there was a touch of fog so everything was a bit misty. They had so much to offer. It was $5 a person to get in but all of this was included- fishing, big hampster wheels, bounce carousel, face painting, sandbox filled with hard field corn, hay ride complete with pumpkin launching, few other stations with activities and of course a real patch where we got to choose our own pumpkin. The kids loved pulling the wagon along too. This was a family run event and they do a great job and from what I can tell they make a killing too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That maze is incredible! Hmmmm. I'm thinking it would be a great distraction in ten years :)
I loved your kids costumes...and also your comments about blogging diapers and baby steps. I'm so glad you've started blogging.
Thanks for visiting my blog! I just can't tell you how excited I am to meet so many wonderful people! It is so great! Your boys are sure cute!
Your daughter is cute too! Awesome costumes! I'm with you, so glad it's once a year!
That maze looks so cool. Did someone really make a boeing maze up? I too thought your kids costumes were cute. We had pirates in our house too and I am so glad it is all over for another year.
I love that top photo with the sunflowers, it's beautiful. That sounds like a really cool place to go. I wouldn't have braved the corn maze with little kids either, 1.5 hours is kind of a commitment. I thought the 20 minutes Whitney, Bella and I did a few weeks ago in the Corn Maze was a lot. I was getting worried.
Post a Comment