
This is the fleece that I am making the birthday treats out of. I didn't want to do treat bags because Halloween was just a little bit ago. I thought it would be fun to make fleece hats with coordinating fabric for scarves. I like to 'play' with my sewing machine, I'm not a great seamstress, nothing like Kristi(someone tell a girl how to put in a hyperlink! I tried but to no avail!), but I'll have to post pictures when the party is over and the little girls are wearing their hats and scarves.
I made some snacks to try this new recipe and to give away. It is a very kid friendly snack because of the goldfish but adults scarffed it too, it is like chex mix. You know, only different. For some reason I love to do this in the fall, make treats and share with others. Maybe it's part of the cold weather? Do you like to make treats at this time of year, just to give them away? Here is the recipe-Goldfish Seasoned Snack
1 bag plain Goldfish
1 bag Parmesan Goldfish (can use 2 plain if you prefer)
1 bag cheddar Goldfish
1 bag pretzel Goldfish
2 c. cashews (or any nut you like)
1/2 c. butter melted
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
Mix last 3 ingredients, coat rest of ingredients.
Bake at 350^ for 50-60 min, stirring every 10-15.
I tried this one out too. Candies Pecans. I am not a huge pecan fan but I thought they would look good as filler on holiday plates. I made some to give to grandparents. Old people love pecans don't they?Pecan Candy
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp red food coloring
1 tsp vanilla
4 c. pecan halves
Line baking sheet with foil. spray lightly with cooking spray. Combine sugar and water, bring to boil over med-high heat. Stir constantly. Add spices and food coloring to sugar mixture and mix. Stir constantly until it reaches 240^(soft ball stage), about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and pecans, stir quickly coating pecans. Immediately pour mixture onto pan. Cool 5 minutes, pull pecans apart in individual pieces. Cool completely.
Well that is pretty much it. Wish me luck with the party, it is my first one! Luckily my friend owns the gymnastics gym here and she is letting us do it there. No entertaining needed, they will run and play hard for 2 whole hours. I think the parents will love me when bedtime rolls around. I need to be off to make her cake, at almost 10:00 at night! Oh yeah I work best then too, I am such a night owl.
If you have any party tips, pass them my way...soon!
3 comments:
Good luck with your first birthday party! It looks like you've got good stuff planned. My only tip is to not get too uptight about it and to just go with the flow. The kids are always happy just to be at a party, so they don't care if things are perfect. Oh, and take lots of pictures!
Cute party ideas. We've got a party tomorrow too. I'm not doing treat bags this time since we are having the party at one of those pottery painting places, and the kids will get to pick out and paint a piece of pottery.
Here is how you do a link. When you are in compose mode, click on the tab to the left, I think it says html?, then click on blogger help, on the right side click on how to do links, scroll to the bottom of that page and click on how to do more with links, that page will have an example of what to paste in. I copy the html jargon, and then paste it into my post, then you copy the link you want and paste it into the html jargon you just pasted. Then type in what you want to call it where it says text and remove the word text. Then click back on the compose tab, and it should come up as a link. After you publish your post, click on the link to make sure it works. I hope this made sense, and you can get it to work!
Those treats look tasty! WTG :)
Post a Comment