Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Milo (only 1 week late!)

I wanted to do this post all last week, dang flu! Here are 10 random facts about Milo (followed by the top 10 reasons I love him to death)-

1. He is the oldest child of a very blended family of 18 kids (for real)!
2. His love for music runs deep (almost 6,000 songs on his iPod, enough said!)
3. He loves to be on time.
4. He grew up on a farm.
5. He hates tomatoes.
6. He played the trombone in band (gotta love a band nerd right honey?)
7. He loves Mexico and wants to take me there (I can't wait).
8. He loves to quote sport stats (I don't know any but he still tries to inform me of the big ones)
9. He works at the jail as an officer and doesn't live there as an inmate (thankfully!!)
10. He won an xbox 360 off of a Mountain Dew cap last year. (he felt lucky even months later)
1. He is such a loving brother. Like I said before 18 siblings (2 full, 2 step and 13 half) and he loves each one of them the same. He doesn't say my step sister... or half brother... they are one family to him and I admire that.

2. He is an answer to my prayers. I was getting older (by LDS standards that is but I was only 24!) and was starting to feel the pressure of finding someone. I never prayed to find 'the one', only that my heart would soften and I would know who I should be with (I was at a highly critical phase of guys I dated at the time). That's exactly what happened. He never even blinked that I was 2 years older than him. I loved that I never felt like a desperate older woman =). I felt like I could be myself around him from the very first moment (rare for me on first dates).

3. I love that he is such a hard worker! He doesn't complain very often about his schedule (it sucks by the way). I have watched him work graveyard for the last 5 years, go to school full time and somehow spend a little bit of time with his family and he takes it very well. I would not be able to handle all of the missed sleep. You would be able to call me grumpy for sure!

4. He loves our kids and is a great dad to them. He shows a strict side but they all know he is a softy at heart, they can read right through him. He loves to have fun and will play with them down on their level. They love it!

5. He helps me around the house with anything I ask. He will do almost any chore as long as he can have ESPN on at the time. Works for me!

6. He is a friend to everyone. He loves to talk and will strike up a conversation with people all over town. He even finds relatives this way, a trait he got from his grandpa.

7. I love when he talks about growing up on a farm. I never know what he is talking about (siphon tubes, augers, blah, blah) and I have to ask him over and over what he means. He never gets annoyed, just laughs that he married a city girl.

8. He didn't grow up without trials (who did) but he has learned to move on. I love that he has never let his parents decisions define who he is and moved on to make better decisions himself. He will be the first to graduate college and for that I am SO proud of him!

9. He lets me be who I want to be. I start many things, finish about 1/2 of them and he goes with the flow. He doesn't complain about my little projects all over the place (I need a craft room so bad!), he just laughs when I move onto the next thing.

10. Milo believes in me when I have a hard time believing in myself. We have definitely had our challenges but we make it through. I know he was sent to me just at the right time. I am grateful to have a husband that will work through things and not ignore them. I love him so much and it grow stronger every year.
Happy Birthday Milo!
{one week late, sorry!}

10 comments:

jenny said...

These are always my favorite posts Melanie. And gosh, I feel I complain too much about Doug's schedule. Grave yards must be so hard..especially if he has to sleep during the day. Kuddos to you for handling it so well!

And winning an xbox 360--how cool!

Happy late Birthday Milo!

Jill said...

Milo sounds like a fantatic man. I feel like I finally met him, so that's cool. You guys sound like an excellent match.

becca said...

This is such a sweet post, Milo sounds wonderful and I hope he had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

True, true, true Melanie. I love everything you wrote about Milo. You two are a great team. I love this post.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful words. I am glad you have such a great partner in marriage. You must be an amazing mother and wife to handle his schedule.

Anonymous said...

I hope Milo is reading this. Nothing like expressing your gratitude and love for someone to help it grow stronger.
Oh, and heres to city girls everywhere!

Laurie said...

I love these posts too. It's always interesting to see how the same but how different we all are, and I learned a lot about both your husband AND you from this. Fun.

Anonymous said...

What a great post!!!!!! Sounds like you have one super husband.

Anonymous said...

wow melanie! what an amazing one you got. it sounds like the two of you are truly meant for each other.

michelle said...

What a great post! I love that he doesn't differentiate between full siblings, half, and step -- all family, that's so sweet. And I never heard of anyone winning an xbox from a Mountain Dew cap! He must be a lucky guy.