For the past few weeks, there have been so many sicknesses here in blog land. I was getting a little cocky over here at our house. Bragging about how healthy we all are and it has been escaping us. No longer, I have been sick for the past day and a half. Chills, the cold sweats, yucky tummy all of it. I HATE being sick and so I have not been in the best mood. I miss blogging!
Today Milo turned 29. It was very low key with my sickness and all. We went out to dinner and I only ate 1/2 bowl of really good chicken noodle soup ( at least it was good right?). I hope I start to feel better tomorrow, I still have a couple things to finish up with.
On a different note, does your family understand blogging? Do they make fun of it, say it is a waste of time? I'm totally dealing with that right now and seriously it is cramping my style. Just curious what you have encountered.
Milo if you are reading this, I am going to do a REAL birthday post for you. Just when I can sit here long enough to not pass out!
I miss all my bloggers, love the cards I have gotten and plan to send the rest of mine sent soon. I only got half out before the dreaded sickness arrived!
12 comments:
So sorry to hear you are sick! Nothing is worse than not being able to keep up your regular schedule when you have so many things to do.
My husband mocks my blogging obsession, but then again he thinks it's funny to make fun of all things female.
Other than Crystalyn, none of my friends or families blog. They checked my blog, said it was cute, but don't check it regularly. One friend told me she didn't have the address anymore. If I want them to read a certain post, I email it to them.
If they understood how much time I spend blogging, I would hear some serious mocking. But then again 2 months ago I had no idea how important it was either.
Funny thing is now when I post, I'm not writing to my friends and family anymore. I'm writing to you all, my blogging family :). And we still love you and want you to keep posting and commenting.
Another one bites the dust- so sorry it has to be you. Hopefully you are able to rest since it is during your 'time off'.
My husband kinda gets it- but doesn't understand why I would choose to blog rather than other useful/fun things. Like it is a waste of time for entertainment. He of course has limited free hours though, so his perspective is slanted.
Happy b-day to your hubby! I hope you are able to maybe have a do-over after you feel better and the holiday is over.
"blogger down" blogger down... send in reinforcements!
i am so sorry girl it is th worst. just let yourself be sick as much as you can.
i think i can write this without anyone in my family finding it, but who knows. yea, my family thinks i am kind of nutty no one signed up for pink christmas which really shocked me and has never even talked to me about it. it is like i live a lift they dont' really want to talk about it. my brothers all have blogs, but my sister has never even said she knows i have one... weird huh.
I'm so sorry you're sick, this is not a good week to be down and out is it? Hopefully it will pass quickly.
I'm bummed out that your family is giving you a hard time about blogging. I haven't had a problem with that (other than pissing off my mom and sister with my post about the extended family Christmas party), and feel thankful every day for this community of women who provide insights, amusement and therapy. It's a gift.
Happy birthday to Milo!
Oh I am so sorry that you are sick. I hop you feel better soon.
Yes, I have some friends and family members (My mother) that think I am doing something bad. My mother thinks it is like my spaces. Which I told her it is not. Hello, I am 36 years old. I am a big girl!!!!!!!!!! My husband’s family loves blogging. Almost all of his siblings have a blog. It is fun to post in all the family members blogs.
So sorry you are sick, what a nightmare right before Christmas. We are all battleing colds at my house, but nothing to complain about!! HOpe you feel well soon, and Happy Birthday to MIlo!!
My husband doesn't understand blogging, but he is just happy that I am FINALLY keeping a day to day journal and knows that it makes me happy!! :)
Big bummer about your illness.
My family seems to dig blogging although they won't update or start one. (well except my sister). They all think its kinda fun to read our daily saga and happenings. And they always comment when we are in town how they like it. (funny they never comment actually on it, so I never knew they read it)
Feel better soon friend. And happy birthday to Milo the young chap!
Melanie--
It was so fun to run into you down in Tri-Cities. It was fun to meet your mom, too, and to wish Milo a Happy Birthday--which I wouldn't have known had you not had a blog! I'm so glad you keep a blog...so glad.
Hmmm....as far as family understanding blogging? Well, my immediate family (Calvin and the kids)are really supportive and that's all the matters:) And I'm pretty sure Nathan, Dane and Katherine are behind you and Milo just smiled when I told him how I knew it was his birthday :)
By the way, I've gotten several thank-you's for the rolo recipe. Several "neighbors" have written to say how much they appreciated it in the newsletter. Thank you for being so generous.
I'm so sorry that your sick. I'm so worried that we are all going to get it!!!
My husband likes that I blog but he does make fun of me that I'm on the computer way to much!!
Happy Birthday to your husband...a younger man...right on!!hehe
Oh, Hope you feel better soon. I hope we all get through before Christmas. Running noses are starting to creep in. Keep on blogging. I think it is amazing that I have been able to keep a journal of my life for 8 months in a row now. It is a great way to do your own family's history.
I'm sorry your sick! We definitely know what that feels like at our house!!
Feel better soon!
Merry Pink Christmas!
Post a Comment