Sunday, March 18, 2007

Out of the Loop

The past couple days have been so busy. I have wanted to blog but late at night I have just given up and read or watched TV. Basically I took the lazy way out and I hate when I do that. And I also hate being behind on blogs, I just feel so out of the loop! Do you hate to get behind on blogs too?

Friday- I went to the sealing of my cousin without Milo. He stayed home with the kids because they weren't out of the sick woods yet. After the wedding dinner I roamed around Target for almost 2 hours. Alone! I loved every minute of it. If you live by a Target, does it ever get old? I love that place!

Saturday- I took Kathryn and a cousin's little girl to see a play. It was called Into The Woods. They had so much fun, we were in the second row (there wasn't very many people because we went to the matinée). They thought the princess was just beautiful with her jewels (she was). I was singing a song from the play (the end song would not leave my head!) after we left and then asked the girls if I was good enough to be in the play (I'm not!). Sierra was so funny, she looked at me like I was crazy and said I wasn't good enough, sorry. Luckily I have Kat to stick up for me. She said that I sing good and I was good enough to be in the play. Thanks Kat! I guess I have her brainwashed, I sing all the time around the house not caring what note I hit. It drives Milo crazy.

After the play we met Milo and the boys at the wedding reception for my cousin. Kat and I left home at noon and we didn't get home until after 7. Another day that just flew by without much getting done in the housework department. Well fun stuff did so I guess that counts right?

Sunday- Milo stayed home with the kids again this week (I was on house arrest last week). I wanted to get there for our first Sunday as a new Primary presidency. I don't think they are still contagious but the coughing is just too much. There would have been glares all over the place and I didn't feel like it. Primary went pretty well, we have a lot of house cleaning to do but we are determined to get it in order. As much as we can with what we are in charge of. The rest of the afternoon was just spent being lazy with the kids.

Dane's funny for the day was when we were playing a game of 'Go Fish'. Whenever he would get a match he would say 'Totally, yes dude!' It was so hilarious. I don't think any of us say that in the house. I am guilty of saying dude every now and then but I don't say 'totally yes dude.' Even the big kids were laughing at him. I swear I have no idea where the kids comes up with half the stuff he says. He's only 3!

Oh I thought I was done writing but I forgot about my newest rant. We bought a new stove 18 months ago, a nice glass top that wasn't cheap. On one of the big burners you can choose if you want to heat a small burner or a large burner, it has two circles that heat up. I have no idea if that makes sense but try to imagine it. Anyway the big part of the burner wont heat up, only the little burner. So I called Sears and of course the warranty is only a year. What in the heck, how would I be the one to ruin the burner after only 18 months of use. And I don't cook every night so it can't be from over use! (I shouldn't brag about that) Dang thing, if you spend over $600 don't you think it should last more than 18 months?!! The repair man is coming tomorrow so we'll see how much we will be gouged for it. I'm just annoyed with the whole thing. But they'll win, I have to have my stove working. There I'll stop with the rant! (How long should a stove last anyway?)

11 comments:

Amie said...

Here we go again.... my whole comment was just deleted.... bug!

Stoves should last forever. I do not have replacing appliances in my plans. I agree with you that they should be a one time purchase (or maybe two). Really, I never remember getting new appliances as a kid.

I just caught up on your blog. Congratulation on the new calling! I am so thankful there are great women like you to teach our kids. A room full of other people's children is a nightmare to me. You will do great - it sounds like you already are.

I enjoyed your weeping post. It is nice to look back and see that we are making it. I can relate to a lot of your feelings. I have learned to go with the flow a bit better (by force) but it is so hard for me. I thrive on having a plan and knowing the end result. Congratulations on making it through school! What is Milo going to be when he grows up?

becca said...

Fist, I live really close to Target and NO, it never gets old ! :)...I am going there this morning after I drop Noelle at pre school! All part of my Monday routine!

I hope the kids are better this week and that you are not so homebound, sickness is the worst!

Anonymous said...

That is just wrong about your stove. We have replaced our washer and dryer, stove, and now dishwasher in the last 3 years total and I am just praying nothing breaks on us before we get into another house. Linc was just saying last night that the only thing left to break is our fridge and really- it wouldn't surprise me if it decided to betray us now. I think appliances should last at least 5 years before you need service and then after that at least 8 years.

Laurie said...

Sears is pretty good with repairs and maintenance. I hope it's a good experience for you. Sorry it's even happening. How irritating.

I hope the house arrest ends soon. I'm doing that currently. It makes for some really long days. It also causes me to eat too much.

Isn't it funny how 3 year olds pull out words they've maybe heard once or twice and they say the funniest things? I love that.

Anonymous said...

I hate, hate, hate, when something isn't working in the house! I can live with somethings not working, but others, I go ballistic! So, my condolences on the stove. I hope it does not cost to fix it, what it would be to buy a new one. By the way, I really want a flat top stove, do you love yours? We have bought lemon appliances before and because of that, Terry always buys the extended warranty. I just add it into the price now. Bother. I'm glad to hear that your kids are on the mend. And I'm so glad you are out of the library. That was just a waste of talent, in my opinion! Happy Monday!;)

donna said...

Did you come to the Tri-cities and didn’t t call me?:)

annalisa said...

Kat's friend is cracking me up. I love honesty in children (as well as cute things they say like Dane).
Oh and I live by Target. It never gets old.
Sorry about your stove :(. It should not be on the fritz yet. We had problems with our fridge right around the year mark, and I called it in before but the guy told me it was fine. Gratefully when I called back a few months later past my year mark, the guy still fixed it for free. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

amy gretchen said...

So sorry about your stove. What a bummer. They really should be a one time purchase until you're ready to upgrade. I have always had luck with washer&dryer. Mine is 10 yrs old and still going strong. Why can't all appliances be like that.

I love any kids that says "dude". I don't think I say it as much as I did, but it is or once was a trademark of mine.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Hey it's mom! An old stove used to last 15 years.......... GMa has the very first stove that had a glass top and it is still working! Go figure. She cans on it and everything else that she is not supposed to do........ It is 85 degrees in Las Vegas today. Hot, hot, hot!!! I think that I might have to go with Sierra on the acting vote... Sorry, especially if it is a musical. Maybe you could be in a DRAMA!!! I love you and think you are my favorite daughter!!!

Elizabeth said...

Shouldn't stoves last forever? It seems like my parents has been around forever. Glad you could get out alone.

michelle said...

We have replaced every appliance in our house EXCEPT the stove! Yikes. I think they ought to last 15 years or more like they used to!

Good for Kat for defending your singing honor! And no, going to Target never ever gets old for me...