Friday, March 16, 2007

Already?

I know this is a reoccurring theme in my life (yours too I presume) but I can't believe that Friday is here already! This week has flown by and I feel like I haven't checked much off my list. I have spent most of the week with sick kids, or boys rather. So far (crossing fingers as I say it) Kathryn has been fine. She did say she had a headache from all of the whining the boys have been doing. I was laughing at that one and thought, add me to that list! It has been the kind of sick that comes and goes for days. High fever and chills one morning, fine that night, crappy the next morning. And then repeat. I hope tomorrow is the end for this yuck, I am beyond ready for it!

Dane has been the worst. The only thing he was wanted to eat since pretty much Sunday has been oatmeal! The kid loves it! But the only kind he will eat is maple and brown sugar. He will not be fooled by my attempts to make homemade with those flavors. NO way, he only likes the packet and he does know the difference. He was not even tempted by McDonald's today, he just asked for oatmeal! He has wanted to lay on me and snuggle for the past 4 days. So sad.

I was amazed yet again by Kristi with her Shamrockin Good Mail. So cute! I put it on the mirror I work with when I cut hair. I have looked at it all week when I have had an appointment. Thanks Kristi, everything you make is darling!

A BIG Happy Birthday to Heidi (my fabulous sister in law)!
20 Reasons I love Heidi-

1-She has GORGEOUS hair, no matter what the cut!
2-She has perfect teeth, no braces
3-She is very smart
4-She is the most organized person I know
5-She is a great cook and always plans ahead
6-She makes lists and takes them with her to the store (Novel idea I know!). She reminds me to take mine too (I love to have her around).
7- She is a wonderful mother to my cutest niece!
8-She is a great wife to my brother
9-She loves to learn about you
10-She LOVES to play games {much to the chagrin of my brother, aka a stick in the mud}
11-She files receipts and always knows where they are. They have come in handy, she has made some amazing returns with no questions asked
12-She is a farm girl at heart but loves the city shopping
13-She is trustworthy
14-She works hard in her calling at church, no matter what it is
15-She wears cute socks (hehe Heidi!)
16-She loves good deals and knows where to find them
17-She can drive a tractor
18-And a motorcycle!
19-She has a strong testimony of the gospel
20 She is a great friend and a wonderful example to me.

Have a happy birthday Heidi, from all of us here, we love you!

18 comments:

Liz said...

Sorry about your sick kiddos! Hope the whining and sickness goes away soon! Have a great st. patty's day!

Anna said...

Love Dane's pic! Poor Dane, but more than that poor you! We really are needing an outing!

carlo said...

right there with you earlier this week. knock on wood, we are doing better. ellie LOVES oatmeal. packets only, too. but she likes the fruit and cream kind.

hope all are feel well soon!

nice bday post!

amy gretchen said...

I am with you, my weeks fly by as well. I hope the kids start to feel better soon.

Happy Birthday to Heidi.

annalisa said...

Sickies are no fun. I hope everyone is feeling better too and those headaches for the well will cease.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the sickies. This whole year is flying by for me- it's the middle of March already?!?!

Mya loves oatmeal too and calls it porridge- gotta love the three bears :) At least he likes something healthy and easy to make.

donna said...

I hope your kids feel better soon:)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Elizabeth said...

I am glad your week still flew by even with sick kiddos. When we are sick over here it feels like time is moving in slow motion.
Hope you have a great weekend.

everything pink! said...

St. Patrick's Day is here, you see.
We'll pick some shamrocks, one, two, three.
We'll count the leaves and look them over,
And maybe find a four-leafed clover.
I'll sew green buttons on my vest,
Green for St. Patrick is the best.
I'll wear a green hat, very high,
And dance a jig--at least I'll try!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

been sick at our house too - my older boy hasnt' got it, but parents and younger have - not good.

A lady in our ward once said that she is an anal list person and she would get so frustrated when she didn't get things "crossed" off her list for the day. Her husband asked her what she did did that made her not able to accomplish the list. She usually had other things that came and took priority (kid's projects, shopping, VT, service etc). Her husband suggested to add those to the list at the end of the day and check them off. It was really helpful to her to see what she did finish throughout the day, even if it wasn't exactly what she had planned in the morning!

jenny said...

Rats about the sickie's. I hope you guys feel better soon. We have several oatmeal lovers in our house. I guess it keeps you regular. Ha ha!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jill said...

Poor Dane, it's a sad day when a kid only wants oatmeal, even when visiting McDonald's.

That's cute that you put Kristi's Shamrockin good mail in your salon.

Happy Birthday to Heidi!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have sick kids! Kathryn's headache from the whining cracked me up! Until my oldest was 3, she loved baby food oatmeal. Not warmed up, just mixed with cold milk. I felt abusive letting her eat it, but she loved it. Kids are funny. At least you know what his comfort food is!

Diana said...

Hope the kids get better soon, we've been fighting illnesses here too. At least Dave wants oatmeal and not something unhealthy,but I can see how you'd get tired of it.

rebecca said...

Are you out of the woods with the sickies yet? Thinking of you!

Crystalyn said...

melanie, i'm so sorry you've been cooped up with the sickies. i thought i was spared when reading others' blogs about a month ago. but we got hit full force this last week as well. i hope everyone feels better soon and that you can come up for air! i'm thinking of you...

michelle said...

Heidi sounds like a wonderful addition to your family. I loved gaining sisters through marriage.

So sorry about the sick kids again, I am all too familiar with that misery.

Anonymous said...

love a little boy that sucks and i have something real nice he can suck,mmmmmmmmmmmm let me see mycum before u swallow