Today is *The Big Day* Milo and I got married 7 years ago in the Seattle Washington LDS Temple. 7 years ago?! How did that happen? Ok, I know that time flies and I should get used to it but really are we ever prepared for how fast it goes? I have posted on this before but I had a long list of who would be perfect for me (Milo didn't fit the list) and I'm so glad that the Lord was able to soften my heart and help me throw all that out the window the minute I met Milo.
Milo tells the story so funny and even still I laugh wondering if that is really how it was for him. He says he knew before he even met me! It is so hard for me to look at myself and believe that someone fell for me just by the sight of me! No official meeting, no talking between us and he knew. Even after 7 years I ask him, 'Are you serious or are you kidding?'. If you know Milo you would know that I'm not being totally rude by asking that question for the last 7 years. He says it all silly with a funny face and tries to convince me of the time he spent thinking/dreaming about me before we officially met. I believe him (mostly) and want him to write it down sometime for our kids to read (I think they would love to hear his side). He jokes that it was the Drew Carey glasses (I had the same dark rimmed glasses), that I'm an older woman and that there wasn't any other options at the time. Would that convince you?
We fit the LDS stereotype of getting engaged quickly (I hated that before I was victim to it), only 2 weeks to the day of him asking me out on our first date (remember that date Brianne?). Yikes, that is still a bit scary to say, but we just knew. I still can't believe it happened to me that way because I was rude about other people before me that went off and got engaged so fast. I think that's why it did to happen to me, so I would be humbled (I was big time). We had a long engagement (which I don't recommend) and from the time we met and married 6 months had passed.
Milo tells the story so funny and even still I laugh wondering if that is really how it was for him. He says he knew before he even met me! It is so hard for me to look at myself and believe that someone fell for me just by the sight of me! No official meeting, no talking between us and he knew. Even after 7 years I ask him, 'Are you serious or are you kidding?'. If you know Milo you would know that I'm not being totally rude by asking that question for the last 7 years. He says it all silly with a funny face and tries to convince me of the time he spent thinking/dreaming about me before we officially met. I believe him (mostly) and want him to write it down sometime for our kids to read (I think they would love to hear his side). He jokes that it was the Drew Carey glasses (I had the same dark rimmed glasses), that I'm an older woman and that there wasn't any other options at the time. Would that convince you?
We fit the LDS stereotype of getting engaged quickly (I hated that before I was victim to it), only 2 weeks to the day of him asking me out on our first date (remember that date Brianne?). Yikes, that is still a bit scary to say, but we just knew. I still can't believe it happened to me that way because I was rude about other people before me that went off and got engaged so fast. I think that's why it did to happen to me, so I would be humbled (I was big time). We had a long engagement (which I don't recommend) and from the time we met and married 6 months had passed.
This is one of my favorite photos (none of them scanned very well). We had the most beautiful day in Seattle in April. My sister kept warning us that we might have a crappy day because Seattle doesn't tend to cooperate with planned events in the spring, usually there is rain/mist/drizzle. But the sun was shining and spring was blooming everywhere. In fact we almost had too much sun (it glared off of Milo's head in many of the photos). You can tell by how green everything was that there was indeed much spring rain before us, it just didn't happen on our day. But don't they say that rain on your wedding day means prosperity? Oh well, I'm not into wives tales.
Milo cooperated with the having to trapse around the temple for the photographer. He isn't a fan of photo sessions unless there gets to be a 'fun' one taken (we did take a couple). Growing up in a house with as many kids as he did they were always bribed, one good shot and one silly shot (or 2 or 3). I am so grateful he indulged me and hung in there for this photo sesson. I love the photos from our wedding day and decided tonight that I don't look at them enough.

I love the grounds of the Seattle Temple, so so green (this is not retouched at all)! This photo is my other favorite from all the photos we have. This is going to sound cheesy so skip ahead if you will but I love how we are looking in the distance at our future of sorts. We haven't been back there for a long time because we now have the Columbia River Washington Temple (only 80 miles vs 180 miles). I think a summer trip is in order, we need to look at our future again.
I am so blessed to have Milo in my life. I know that the Lord knew me well enough and had prepared me for marriage when Milo came into my life (I would have been no where near ready a couple years earlier). We learn more and more each year about how we work together as a team and how we can grow stronger through trials. We (like everyone) have faced trials that we didn't see coming and what a blessing is has been to have such a strong man in my life. I love you Milo, you are a wonderful father and provider and have worked countless hours for our family. Happy 7th Anniversary!
I am so blessed to have Milo in my life. I know that the Lord knew me well enough and had prepared me for marriage when Milo came into my life (I would have been no where near ready a couple years earlier). We learn more and more each year about how we work together as a team and how we can grow stronger through trials. We (like everyone) have faced trials that we didn't see coming and what a blessing is has been to have such a strong man in my life. I love you Milo, you are a wonderful father and provider and have worked countless hours for our family. Happy 7th Anniversary!



17 comments:
I do remember your first date since I was there! I love looking back at your pictures. I think Milo's glasses look so funny now but I didn't think so 7 years ago. It's funny how styles change so much and it doesn't even seem like that was that long ago. Happy Anniversary!! Hope you both have a good day and are able to do something special!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Have a great day.
Wonderful pictures :)
I linked to our blog thru Donna's. Happy Anniversary! What beautiful pictures.
Melanie, this was beautiful! You and Milo are such a great team and you still look the same to me ;)
Im done getting teary eyed now! Im so glad you fell for Milo's charm and joined our family. You guys are both looking like babies in the pics. 7 years flies by when you are busy. Cant believe we are about to hit that mark soon. Kurt tries to act like I fell for him like a rock, but I have got him to admit the truth on rare occasions.
These are gorgeous photos, you both look so young. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversay!! I can say that I remember Milo coming home for Singles ward and talking about the girl with the same glasses. He's never really been intimidated by girl, but he was by you and it took a while for him to ask you out. I love you guys. Milo was sort of the best brother ever...and I'm glad he found you! I love you like all my other sisters!
So sweet! Such beautiful pictures, I love spring weddings! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Happy Anniversary Melaine! The pictures are gorgeous and what a pretty bride you were. You and Milo are so lucky to have found eachother. Congratulations on #7
Happy 7th!! Your photos are beautiful. Love hearing your story.
Hope you both had a fabulous time celebrating.
`Yes, Happy Anniversary! I agree with everyone, the pictures are beautiful. I especially like the one where you are lookinging in the distance, so pretty!
It does go by so fast!!!
oh happy anniversary! what awesome pics. lovely story, too!
Happy Anniversary! It is always fun to see engagement/wedding photos. Someone recently saw my wedding photo, and said "wow, you haven't aged a bit!" Made me wonder if she was lying or had bad eye sight. :) You look great, by the way!
Our 7th Anniversary is tomorrow! Congratulations. You were a beautiful bride.
Crazy that you and Elizabeth got married almost on the same day 7 years ago. Happy Anniversary to the both of you~! And don't we all look young in our engagement photos. Many tell me I look like I was in highschool. Hope you guys have a great day. Great photos!
Happy Anniversary! The grounds really were gorgeous that day, and so were you. I really like your dress and the way your hair was back.
These pictures are so beautiful. I was married in Utah in December. Ugh. We were married at 2 so the photos ended up being just before sunset and I loved that... still not nearly as gorgeous as yours. So cute to see wedding photos. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment