Thursday, May 10, 2007

Say It Ain't So

Last night I sent Milo and the kids to Nathan's t-ball practice while I stayed home in a quiet house to cook dinner. On the way home from t-ball, Milo told the kids I had made tacos for dinner. Dane was not happy about eating tacos and told Milo, 'I ain't never going to eat that!' This is his newest saying. He ain't never going to do lots of things lately and we just have to ignore him (and laugh ONLY when he isn't looking). When they got home, Dane was walking up to the front door, he stopped right outside and threw up EVERYWHERE! Twice! So needless to say, he got his way and didn't have to eat the tacos.

During the night he was up 6 times!! Milo was so awesome and got up the first 3 times and I took the second 3 times. Thanks Milo! We made a bed for him on the couch so he wouldn't wake up Nathan since they share a room. He was so cute, he would get up off the couch and throw up in the bowl. How many 3 yr olds make it in the bowl in the middle of the night. I am so glad he did!

Today he is a little more chill and has only thrown up once. I canceled the appointments I had (only 2) because it is just a little too unpredictable with him. I'm hoping he is on the mend but we'll see what today brings. I'm off to do all the laundry from the last 12 hours.

16 comments:

Brianne said...

Poor Dane! I hope he gets feeling better. I hope you're hanging in there too. I can handle taking care of the one that's sick but not what's coming from their bellies!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Nate & Kat won't get sick, and for you & Milo as well!

donna said...

OH i hope Dane feels better soon. Wow he got up in the middle of the night to throw up in the bowl. Wow what a sweet kid.


Have fun doing laundry. I am doing it as well :)

Christina said...

what he's sick?? not good! impressed that he'd throw up IN THE BOWL!!

i hope your day isnt too bad!

Anonymous said...

Poor Dane...I keep wanting to call you to see how he's been...but I've been busy until now. I'm sure I'll be calling you here real quick. That sucks when they throw up at night. Quinn was sick a month ago...but luckily never threw up in the night. Hopefully the rest of you don't get it.

Jill said...

That sounds grim, but kind of great that he spewed outside and then was cooperative with the bowl. What a champ.

becca said...

Ugh!! poor little guy. That is pretty good that he could make it to the bowl everytime. Throw ups are the worst! HOpe it doesn't spread through the house. Oh, so much laundry when you have a sick one!!

jenny said...

Poor little guy. Hope he gets to feeling better soon!

michelle said...

I am totally impressed that he uses the bowl! I hope that your little guy is feeling better tonight.

Matt said...

Melaine, I feel for you having been in your situation just a few weeks ago! At least he did it outside at first and the rest of the time in the bowl. Good luck with all the laundry while taking care of the rest of the family.

Elizabeth said...

Hope he is feeling better. At least he started throwing up before the taco dinner.

Natasha said...

Oh Yuck, no fun with sick kids in the house. Hope all is well now and you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Diana said...

I'm sorry sick kids are too sad. My kids had the stomach virus last week and well i couldn't get my 3 year old to throw up in a bowl, you're lucky.
HOpe he is better.

Laralee Anderson said...

I feel so bad for Dane. That is so impressive that he threw up in the bowl! I had a girl on a flight one time that threw up 4 times and no matter how many times I showed her the airsick bag she kept missing. She was 10 and flying alone....

I hope he is feeling better.

Laurie said...

It's going around. I know a few kids who have had it. So sorry.

By now I hope it is completely passed through and out of the house!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of Gramimi!!! However, she is much YOUNGER and I'm sure I wouldn't have won that race with Dane!! Looked fun tho.......... The other Granny!

carlo said...

oh dane...are things better yet melanie???

love the action pics though