Monday, May 07, 2007

Happy Birthday Kyle!!

Today is my brother Kyle's 29th birthday! This was the nicest picture I could find of us when we were little. (How did my mom get me to sit still and do my hair like that...at only 4??!!) I found a couple really ugly pictures (mostly me) but I couldn't bring myself to post them. Maybe if we have an awkward, ugly phase contest. I would win hands down (my hair and teeth are out of control)! This is one of my favorites from when we are little. Kyle was a cute little boy, I love his dark eyes in all his baby pictures.

My mom is getting all into the blogging and even requested this post (what? she used to hate my blogging habit). I had to laugh about that one. Just wait for your birthday mom, Kyle might have a few requests himself! Here's a list about my favorite brother...

-He and Heidi married exactly 2 weeks after Milo and I were married
-He is smart, the not-open-the-book kind of smart (not fair)
-He served a mission in New York City and loves all things New York
-He is very giving
-He has the best dry sense of humor, he always makes me laugh
-He is going to name his first son after our awesome grandpa
-He was big into rollerblading back in the day
-He is a master at quoting movies
-He loved (maybe still does?) to watch This Old House when we were younger
-He will never give ideas about birthday or Christmas gifts (grrr)

-He loves to ride motorcycles (much to my mom's nervous dismay)
-He is a great husband to Heidi and dad to Kate and ??? on the way
-He is such a great uncle we have 3 stuffed animal dogs named after him!
-He has many reasons to not like me
-Most of them include me being bossy and rude to him growing up
-But I know he loves me and that means a lot
-He hates, really hates, getting his hair cut
-And he hates getting his picture taken too.
-He thinks I'm weird because I like to use my camera
-He roots for the underdog
-He has a killer memory
-He makes up good stories and I believe him. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS fall for his trickery; hook, line and sinker!!

-He loves to farm and dreamed of being a farmer when he grew up (like our grandpa)
-Instead he married a farmer's daughter and works for him whenever he gets the chance
-He has a master's degree and finished it even when his job said he didn't need to
-He has a strong testimony of the gospel
-He will do what is asked of him (even if he doesn't want to, like move people)
-He is my mom's favorite...(kidding, it's a family joke)
-He is the best brother I could ever ask for and I have always looked up to him! Love you and

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!

14 comments:

Brianne said...

Your hair is so cute in that picture! I also believe my Mom's sons are her favorites. Sweet post for Kyle. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a nice post!! I love the picture of you two. Way cute! Happy Birthday Kyle!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! What's not to love about the best daughter and son in the world!!! Happy Birthday Kyle and the check is in the mail!!! Thanks Mel for fulfilling my request! MoM

michelle said...

What an adorable picture! What sweet things you shared about your brother.

carlo said...

yay for birthdays! love birthday tributes.

happy birthday, kyle!

Anonymous said...

That is very impressive hair! You were adorable (still are!).

Happy Birthday to your brother!

Amie said...

The birthday posts are some of my favorite. It is nice to see so many nice things written about the ones we love. Happy Birthday Kyle!

I also read you Saturday post. How fun to have a good day out with your sister.(Did you know Donna before blogging? I can't keep everyone straight.) The scrapbook warehouse sounds fun. I love giveaways and free stuff!

amy gretchen said...

Lovely thoughts about him. Happy Birthday Kyle!

I can't see the photos.

donna said...

Oh, you are so cute in that picture.


Happy b-day to your Brother :)

jenny said...

Okay that top picture is so dang cute. Happy Birthday to your brother!

Elizabeth said...

Fun to catch up with you. That outing with the girls sounds wonderful. I would have got silly with the numbers game also.

Kristen said...

That is the cutest picture of you! LOVED the hair.
Love reading Birthday posts!!

Anna said...

Only a hairdresser's daughter would have hair like that at 4...and the tradition continues.

Melinda said...

What a great post about your brother. He sounds like a great guy!

I love that you shared about the Dr.Pepper pops. We love that drink and so I think we will have to buy them and check it out.