We had a great time going all around Donna's neighborhood, there was a ton of yard sales. A couple other friends went down in their cars and so there was 5 of us trying to make another man's trash our treasure. I didn't find much but I am fine with that, most of it is about the hunt, time away with friends and no time constraints. Shaila found a very cool set of dishes that are retired and bought them all (8 piece setting) for only $15! Perfect condition too so she was quite proud of that.
The rest of the day was shopping, good lunch at Olive Garden, and an ice cream for the ride home. Along with yesterday being Cinco de Mayo, it was also National Scrapbooking Day. We stopped at Craft Warehouse to get a few supplies to help make some handouts for Mother's Day for Marion. When we got there we were just minding our p's and q's when they said grab a number and people scattered. So Shaila and I jumped on a number and didn't win. The next time we were seperated and the empty number next to me was called. I'm not going to lie I was tempted to jump on it and claim the number as my own (I didn't). Shaila comes around the corner and shows me her party bag, she won! She had lots of cute stuff that she left for me, what a sweet girl! Our yard saleing friend Korbi showed up at the store (she is a scrapbook queen!) and we were all about trying to win those prizes.
The store figured out a quick way to get all the numbers off the floor. They said grab as many numbers as you can and we'll call out the rest of the prizes. I always knew my paper thin, razor sharp nails would come in handy one day. I was able to pull up 4 numbers while most other people only had one or two.
This is my 100th post! I can't believe it! I haven't kept a journal like this since high school. Long overdue to document what my family does and how I feel at this time in my life. I have missed so many important events and life changing experiences with my lack of journaling. The only thing I regret is not starting a blog sooner. I was a lurker for months and months (on many blogs) and this has been such good therapy for me. Thanks for always coming back for more, I love this blogging stuff! Here's to 100+ more...
7 comments:
Thanks for the "Yesterday's Meals on Wheels"! I was eating my lunch as I was reading your post. I was a little grossed out but laughing at the same time.
It sounds like you had lots of fun. It's nice to be able to have time away from the kids once in a while, even if it is for a few hours.
Congrats on your 100th post! Good Job!!
100 posts, that is great! I am so glad that you came to the yard sale. Did you find some good finds? Next year we will go together and the next time you are in town CALL ME girl. Have a great day my friend.
What a great weekend!! It is always fun to get out! That truck cracks me up!
yay for good friends and good finds. lots of great loot!
happy 100!
Oh wow! I loved reading everything Melanie. I'm so glad you're blogging, too, so glad.
I loved reading all of the things you said....
Wow...that picture of all of us, everyone looks great except for me! But the picture of the 2 of us is cute! I had way to much fun. I could do it every weekend if it didn't mean missing on my family time. We definitely need to do it again sometime...and when Brianne lives there.
I think everyone should have a day like that once a month!
Post a Comment