Today was very kick back and I am not complaining one bit about it! I only did two haircuts today and then the rest of the day the kids and I just chilled. Milo went to help his mom bring stuff back here for
Shaila, since they are moving back for the summer. He had a good time and got to eat at the burger joint that he has heard so much about and has been calling his name. I hope it lived up to the hype! 
This is the little piece of random I found in Kathryn's room today. All of this was shoved in her kitchen drawer. Who doesn't keep scraps of paper, old cards, half of tic
tac toe games, ribbon, garbage and toys all in one drawer? Her stuff always ends up like this and it drives me crazy. I think it bugs me because I totally remember doing this when I was little. Wait, if I had an extra drawer I would probably do it now (thankfully I don't)! Do you have random drawer
stuffers at your house? The good part is she is VERY good natured to clean it all out and put it all back where it belongs. I had to at least throw that in for her!

Nathan felt like a total stud today. Last week Kathryn rode the skateboard down the driveway hill with no help but Nathan said he didn't want to. It takes him longer to warm up to the idea of taking a risk (like his mom) but today he felt like he was ready. He told me he wanted his 'gear' on (the knee and elbow pads) and he was going down the hill.

I love the intense look on his face. He was so serious about making it down the driveway without crashing. He did a pretty good job.

Looking way to big for his mom here! Why do they have to grow up so fast!
And thanks to the Dollar Store...

I was able to bribe the boys to get their haircut with these 3D glasses that came in books. It was worth the whole $3 I spent, every penny. Dane chose a book on snakes (gross), Nathan chose one on sharks and Kathryn chose one on big cats (lions, jaguars, cheetahs, all cats really). They are really cool books with tons of great facts in them. The kids (especially Nate) have been into the animal/space/nature facts lately. The librarian told us boys get into those type of books earlier that girls most of the time but that isn't the case here. Kat loves them too. I like that I can teach them something too. They will sit through long fact books and I have to fight to keep myself awake. These books would be great to add to a kid's birthday gift since they are only a dollar. I think there were 5 or 6 in the set (I might go get the other ones. They were on bugs, jungle & ?).

This is the best animal fact book we have checked out so far and I highly recommend it! We just randomly happened to see it at the library and now I want a copy of my own. It shows two pages full of all different eyes (tails, ears, legs, and so on) from different animals (making you try to guess what animal it is) and asks what all the different eyes do. Then the next two pages answer what the eyes do and what animal they belong to. And I did not do this book justice in describing it here. The funniest thing is that after reading it only a couple times Dane could quote it back to me. And do you know what a horn tailed lizard does with his eyes? Dane does, he will tell you they squirt blood out of their eyes! Don't let that random fact scare you about this book, it isn't all gross facts. It is a great
Caldecott Winner, check it out next time you are at the library, it's in the reference section.
14 comments:
Elise does the same thing, and so does Kyle with the "treasures" It's the little pieces of paper that drive me nuts. They collect scraps and leave them all over. Good thing I have a paper recycle box. Love the pics
uh okay..not a pet fan here..and ESPECIALLY NOT a fan of things squirting blood out! what on earth?!?! too funny..id LOVE to get a copy of that book for rachel..she's facinated with animals..
OH MY GOODNESS! YES rachel does that in her kitchen drawer too--SO BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST today i made each girl clean out their drawer..seriously..whats with that??
Darling photos of the little man. And those dollar tree glasses are hilarious. You do what you gotta do for bribery right?
Thanks for the book recommendation. I always love hearing about new books.
Hey I'm with you on the bribery. Sometimes you got to do what you've got to do.
My kids hoard random things as well that drive me crazy, but it shouldn't. I know they got it from me. I still am not so good about throwing stuff away.
Thanks for the great book tip. I am always looking for good kids' books. Austin LOVES books like this. We have quite a few about Snakes, Crocs, Frogs, etc. He loves telling me the little factoids about animals. We'll have to look for this one!
That book sounds like something Whitney would love, thanks for the tip! Also, Kathryn's drawer totally looks like something Whitney would have going on around here. I should take a picture of the "art drawer" mess she's got going on right now. It makes me crazy.
What fun pictures of Nathan.
I bribe all the time. It works.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Those look like great books! I'm expecting that I will be getting books for Chance that have to deal with bugs and snakes- though I'm not too excited at that thought. (I still have to get Eric to squish the spiders in our house.) All those things kinda give me creeps, especially snakes!
P.S.- I wish I lived closer to you, I am dying for a haircut right now!
Your kids look so cute with the glasses on! Gotta love the dollar store. There are always so many good treasures there. I too am a pretty good drawer stuffer! :) Have a great day!
Great book ideas. I think Clayton would be into those. Thanks for sharing. I'm always on the hunt.
And the Dr. Pepper pops - we have to try those! :-) I hope you have had a good weekend.
ellie is our bag lady. she has tons of bags stashed everywhere, filled to the brim with junk.
oh i must get out to the dollar store. the book on bugs would be so helpful here. ellie is in a bug (ant and bee) phobic phase and it has been so traumatic here. she is terrified! thanks so much for the idea.
Cute pictures.
We have stashes in our house too. We should be in charge of cleaning out each others. It is amazing how everyone's looks like such junk and yet your own is treasures.
Good for Nathan! If it was me I would be in the background scared that he would fall down.
I love the drawer, I think everybody has their junk area. At least she keeps it in one spot. :)
By the way, their haircuts look great.
Oh, can I relate to the "collections" of little scraps and junk. I honestly can't keep up with the 3 collectors I have (and surely the 4th will follow as soon as she gains collecting skills). If you find a solution, let me know! One of them has started taking over my own drawers with her stuff, thinking I won't notice.
Post a Comment