Tuesday, June 05, 2007
1 Graduation Down, 2 More to Go
That's right, we have 3 people graduating in this house this month (Milo graduates college on Sat, and then Kathryn finishes it off with kindergarten graduation next Mon night. More posts to come for sure). Nathan started the trend with preschool graduation last Sat. How did my baby get old enough to graduate preschool and move on to kindergarten? He is looking so old to me these days it almost makes my heart hurt.
He goes to a preschool run by a friend of mine. They have a bilingual program and Nathan has always loved the Spanish aspect of it. He counts in Spanish all the time and sometimes even gets the accent right on. For a while he thought he was Nacho Libre and he has never seen the movie, it was just off the commercials! It has been fun to watch him learn and really love to learn at this point in his life. They sang a couple songs (1 English, 1 Spanish) and answered some questions asked in Spanish. They stood on risers the whole time and Nathan only danced a few times acting like there were ants in his pants.
They sang Knick Knack Patty Whack in English and my word did he get into it (an under statement really)!! He was the ONLY one you could hear! On every verse! With all the hand motions too. Milo got it on video and I can't wait to re-watch it. (And tease him with it later in life)
He was just so intense. I had at least 10 people come up to me and say I needed to send the video in to America's Funniest Home Videos. One mom even told me she had tears rolling down her face she was laughing so hard and thought it was so hilarious. The funny thing is that he had been telling me for days ahead that he was practicing for me and he wanted us to sit in the front row. Now I know why. Although we all could have heard him in the back row, that's for sure!
Here he is with a friend from our ward. I think these are two future heart breakers. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
How darling is that. He is a cutie!
Oh how cute. What a wonderful day for Nathan. Sweet pictures :)
Those pictures are so great. I love a kid that participates! It is scary how fast they get big. I feel like mine are growing exponentially.
I love to see a cute boy in a collared shirt!
That's pretty neat to have your little guy learning Spanish. Future Spanish speaking missionary and heartbreaker!?!
Can you post video of him singing? I love it when there's a kid that totally belts out a song at one of those things. My kids barely move their mouths and I'm not sure sound is even coming out.
Cute pictures!! I can't believe he's already that old!
So cute! I love it when kids sing super loud like that. Hilarious!
That's wonderful for Nathan and Katherine, but WOW for Milo! Congratulations! I know you've been waiting for this for a long time.
He looks so grown up. I can't believe it. I guess he and Milo can tell secrets to each other in spanish, like what you're getting for your birthday etc...
Seriously that is one of the cutest, funniest things I've heard all week.
Post a Comment