Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Goodbye County Jail!!

Goodbye to Milo leaving for work at 11 pm and not returning until 8:30 am!
Goodbye to our king size bed that I'm all alone in 5 nights a week.
Goodbye to getting up with the kids without him here.
Goodbye to him working all night and going to school all day (and sleeping crazy broken up hours).

Goodbye to uniforms (even though he looked good in them)
Goodbye to guns, gun cases and bullets (never my favorite)
Goodbye to working Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, New Year's...you get what I mean, ALL holidays!

Goodbye bullet proof vest
Goodbye inmates!!
Goodbye officers, sergeants, lieutenants, captain and sheriff.
Goodbye almost 8 years of working at the jail.

But to only say goodbye wouldn't be enough. There has been many thanks because of this job.

Thank you for the benefits, paid sick leave and paid time off.
Thank you for time off when babies were born and people died (all of it was much needed).
Thank you for the graveyard shift that allowed him to work AND go to school.
Thank you for all the funny stories of really stupid criminals in our county.

Thanks for letting us have our husband and daddy back!! Here's to a whole new life with you around! Are you ready for it?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh...it made me a little chocked up...I don't know why. Milo can always make me cry though. Maybe it's the older brother thing. I'm so glad he's done with working there. Maybe he'll miss some aspects of it though. So glad you have to have a normal life now...although it won't feel normal for quite a while!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it through! I know it is such a challenge, but well worth it when it all is done! Nicely done~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post. I love the good-byes...I love the hellos...I love the thanks....

I'm like Shaila, though, I felt a little bad seeing the bullet proof vest and other things Milo is saying, "Good-bye" to.

And...are you sure we're safe without him working there? I think I'm most worried about that :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post!!! What a great man you married- I am thrilled for you to have him more around for the next chapters of your lives. WooHoo!!!

Melinda said...

Yahoo for you and your family!! That is so exciting. I am really happy that you get to have all those great things with having Milo home.

Laralee Anderson said...

I am so excited for you and Milo! What is he going to do now?

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful post. SO happy for you.

donna said...

I Love your post!!!!! I am so happy for you and Milo!!!! Now move to my town :)

jenny said...

Melanie that is AWESOME. What a treat to have him leave that place even though it served your families purpose well. Congrats on making it through these last few years. You are amazing!

Natasha said...

Congrats to you both. How excitng!

Amie said...

Wow, what's next?! You did a great job documenting this.

Anna said...

Goodbye to Anna and Melanie talking on the phone all hours (dont read this Milo)! So happy for you and proud of Milo. You all have worked so hard. I do think his new job is in Ephrata....hmmm thats where I live. Maybe you want to also!

michelle said...

What a wonderful post! I am so happy for you, and yur family.

Holly said...

What a great new post! Congratuations to you both again - how nice to not go to bed alone anymore!

What new job will be doing next?

Matt said...

I'm so glad you have a full time husband again and he gets to enjoy regular hours with the family again! LOVED THE POST!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Milo, and Mel and Family. How exciting.

Laurie said...

Who knew he had to wear a bullet-proof vest and all! Sounds like it's been quite a sacrifice and effort for all of you. I am glad for you guys to move on to even better opportunities. How was graduation?

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear about graduation and what comes next! Congratulations to him and your whole family! What an accomplishment, and what sacrifice to make it happen. Way to go, all of you!

Amy said...

Congratualtions on such a huge milestone for your family. It will definitely be nice to have him around more. Although, I have to admit, I would have a hard time being grateful for having to share my bed full time! Not that I don't like sleeping next to my husband--I just sleep so much better when he's not in bed with me. ;)