Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School Eve

Tomorrow is d-day, we start school. Any reservations I had with Nathan going all day were vanished today! This was my attempt at getting a photo of him bawling. My mom took a couple of me back in the day and while it seems so rude at the time, they are the funniest pictures to look back on. He was too smart for me though, he said 'Don't take a picture of me! You'll email me to people!' I started laughing cause he was so right. Probably email AND blog the photo. Smart boy.

My friend informed me that it's Heavenly Father's way of preparing mothers for the inevitable. Like college, missions, marriage. You name it. You dread it and dread it and then right before said event, they drive you INSANE and you are all for the change. Totally happened here today. He was bored all day and no matter what game I tried to implement he was not to be fooled. He wanted school and so did I.

Jill suggested in a comment that I get addicted to self portraits so Milo and I appear on my blog more. Tonight was the perfect, crazy opportunity. Milo gave the kids their Father's blessings to send them back to school. Dane was so cute, at almost 4 (on Mon) he sat with his arms folded and was ready for his blessing. I can't believe how old they are seeming all of the sudden. I'm sure it's thoughts of me having a baby around here again but these guys have really grown up in the last year. While we were taking this photo, 2 kids took turns crying, many heads were cut off and by the end we were all laughing. Thanks for the suggestion Jill, I ended up loving all of the ones we took.

Here's to getting to school on the first day ON TIME!!!

7 comments:

Brianne said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure it will be hard to see them both go all day but just think, you'll have a little more freedom with just Dane for awhile until baby comes. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!!

Have a great school year Nathan and Kathryn!!! I love you guys!

Liz said...

Oh can I ever relate to what you said in your post! I hope the kids have a great day today! I love your sp picture!

michelle said...

"You'll email me to people!" Hee! That really cracked me up. I hope school turns out to be great for everyone involved, and I love the family self-portrait!

jenny said...

Good luck today. That comment about emailing is a crack up!


That self portrait shot of you is so cute! We have those robot jammies as well. I was surprised Weston wanted a blessing as well. You wouldn't expect a 2 year old to sit still or fold his arms for that matter, but he did. It was so cute.

Angie said...

oh how i used to love the first day of school!

Barb said...

Now whenever I take a picture my kids are quick to say whether I can or can't blog it. Love the family SPT!

Jill said...

Hooray for the darling self-portrait!! It's a great addiction and will be so fun to have all these family photos over the years. We've never tried one lying on the floor like that, good idea.