My Tuesday Randoms...
Without sounding too sappy, yesterday was a good day. I finished putting all the the weekend laundry away, cleaned up one of the bathrooms, sent Kathryn to a friend's house for a few hours, talked on the phone a couple times and read some of my book. I'm reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (along with most everyone else in the free world) and I haven't been totally sold on it yet (I feel like you Becca). I just want to get through it because my mom just sent up the Big Stone Gap series by Adrianna Trigiani. I have heard nothing but great reviews all over the place about this series so I'm excited to start it. My mom did say she cried over and over (in each book) so I'm preparing for that. Have you read The Big Stone Gap series? Fill me in with no spoilers, is that possible?
To catch up on the weekend a little bit, On Sat we ended up at the pool with Mike and Marion, Matt and Shaila and their boys. It was perfect weather, not too hot and just a little breeze. Milo thought it wise not to use sunscreen on his back (um, white back) and has been paying the price for that the last couple days. While we were at the pool the girls (Marion, Shaila and I) decided we needed to head to the movies without men or children. We went and saw Hairspray, which all of us liked. The dancing had me so jealous. Where was I when they handed out moves like that? I missed it all, I guess I was talking in another line!
On Sunday we got together at Marion's with the Hardy crowd and ate a good dinner. Every Sunday when we are leaving the church parking lot Nathan is begging to eat at Gramimi's house. I swear we don't set him up to call and ask her, he just loves to eat there. Everyone knows how grandmas cook good food and Nate has learned this lesson early in life. Both of his grandmas are fabulous cooks and when they cook he just eats it better. What's that all about? It was a nice Sunday and the kids came home and crashed!
Nathan has taken control of my old digital camera. He loves it and is usually cracking me up with the photos he 'sets' up. His cars, his horses, whatever. The funniest is when he tried to take a self portrait. He told me they were really hard to get right. Thanks Nate, I can't tell you how many self portraits I haven't gotten right. At least he knows he needs practice right. Here are a few of his funnies.
I have my dr's appointment this afternoon. I'm so glad I have been feeling better but I am dreading the scale. Usually I don't care about it but this time it is one HUGE chunk of weight in one month. I'm telling myself that it's my body catching up but really it's me eating food again. And apparently too much food in 4 weeks time. Oh well, all for the greater good of the baby right? I'm hoping to get my ultrasound scheduled in the next week since my mom will be here. (She decided she would get bored on her break and wanted to see the grandkids again. And maybe her kids too, not sure on that one.) And I want to find out what this baby is. I love the 'idea' of not finding out but just knowing that I can does me in. I have never been one for liking a surprise, they drive me crazy! If I had a girl, I would want girl things. If I have another boy, I'm ready for some new boy things. So there you have it I don't care what I'm having, I just want to know!
My mom, Heidi and Kate are going to be here on Wed (tomorrow). I'm going to do Heidi's hair while mom figures out how to entertain all 4 kids in my little house. That sounds like a grandma thing to do right? Maybe she could put Kathryn in charge of Kate. Or Kate in charge of Kathryn, that might work too.
As for the rest of the week, no plans or pressure. I love it! I do need to think about some school clothes in the next couple weeks. Not a ton of stuff but both kids need shoes like no tomorrow, Kat needs jeans and Nate needs shirts. Now maybe I'll remember what I need to shop for.
16 comments:
Oh Melanie, Nathan setting up and posing the other two for shots is funny! I would have never thought of that for a toy for a kid, but really, what a great one! I can just see all of those in a scrapbook for him :)
I can't wait to find out what you're having, either.
Ooh, I can't wait to find out what you are having, too! I never like it when people don't find out. How can you NOT find out? I don't get it!
Love the photos! Nathan's photo shoots are so cute, and I'm dying over the dead horses thing. Kids are so funny.
Check on the Children's Place website and see if their jeans are still on sale for $9.99! I just ordered some school clothes, and the shipping is only $5.
I love that Nathan is setting up shots and discovering how difficult it can be to get good self-portraits! What a ham.
I haven't read the Twilight series, but I have read Big Stone Gap. I enjoyed it, but I don't remember crying (then again, I don't cry easily).
I love surprises, but not in the baby department. I don't know how anyone can wait to find out! Can't wait to see if it's a girl or boy.
I love the Bog Stone Gap books. The first 3 are great. The last one and they out more recently is a little of a let down. But still worth reading for the closure of the story.
I have been hearing about the Stefanie Meyer books, but have not read them. The Big Stone Gap series is pretty good, though I've missed the recent ones.
Cute, cute pics!!
yes the tongue hanging out is s little disturbing!! too funny though!!
i didnt find out with all 4 of mine..and EACH time it was a girl..the 4th delivery i was like WHAT??? are you joking??? im HUGE about surprises and can wait 4 months before we even TELL anyone we're prego-then when they say how far and i say half way they flip out--its great!!
I don't know how people don't find out what they are having... I have a hard time being nice about it. Dumb huh?
James also hangs his tongue out. It is his "dead deer face" - nice, I know.
I love knowing things. I'm not a big surprise person. I like spoilers too.
I've never heard of the Big Stone Gap series. I'll have to check it out. I've got one for you.
Author: Elizabeth Peters
Series: Amelia Peabody mysteries.
I loved them.
I also loved Jan Karons Mitford Series. I am a book-a-holic and always looking for a great read (that is clean, sometimes hard to find that trait)
Love Nathans artistic photo shooting.
I am also so excited to see what you are having. I will love to go shopping for a cute new outfit for your baby!!! :)
I need to go get a new book to read. i am done with all my summer book that i bought in June.
Nathan's pictures are great :)
I am so glad you are having a good day! That is the best! New Moon was not very good, but go ahead and finish it because the third one is MUCH better! I just finished it today, and it was pretty good...but you have to read the second in order to get the third. I will have to look into that series your mom sent you...I am looking for some good books to read!
I look forward to ultrasound news!
Keep us posted about your ultra sound...wait a minute of course you will!!
I never can wait either, I don't like surprises:)
I want some pregnancy pictures. We need to see the baby bump:)
Yay! Only a couple days till we know the sex of your baby! Im dying here.
Doug just bought me those two books to read. I was sucked into the first few chapters at the end of Twilight. I heard New Moon wasn't as good either. I guess I will find out.
Can't wait to see what you are having. How very exciting!! Weight smeight right? I threw that out the window with all four. I say live it up.
Those photos of Dane are hilarious.
I love talking photos just throughout the day instead of just at events or special occasions, it's so nice to capture your every day life.
Don't worry about weight gain when you're pregnant... just enjoy!
so fun to see pictures - my sons have that same white shirt with blue stripes!!
How exciting to find out what you are having! I officially found out for only 1 out of 4, but I kinda knew the last one would be another boy I think.... good luck!
Post a Comment