I could copy the list from last year for Kat but I'll work to make this year's a little different. Just like last year though, she has stayed as helpful as ever, whenever she is asked and sometimes when she hasn't. She still loves mornings (crazy girl), smiles all the time, has a killer memory (unless it means telling on herself) and has such a strong spirit.
----She worked really hard to ride her bike without training wheels this summer. Nathan did it first and that was all the incentive she needed. She did have some crash and burn moments but only a couple involved blood.----She loves to read and can sound out the words Milo and I spell to throw them off. It's so much harder to talk in code when they can spell! We have started reading The Book of Mormon as a family at night (never mind it will take 4 years to finish at the speed we are reading at but still) and she can read a whole verse by herself. Actually she would like to read 3 or 4 but some nights we don't get through much more than that.
----She loves writing stories and drawing on paper. And with this newest hobby she leaves paper all over the place! Stacks and stacks of it, and it all means something to her. (I love the spelling of a 1st grader, mostly phonetic and so cute)
----At conferences last week, her teacher told me she is the class cheerleader. When a class mate sounds out a word right or gets math correct, she is the first to praise and applaud them (how her teacher runs the class). Anyone that knows her, knows that is a perfect description of her. She loves to give people praise.
----She plans on being a great babysitter for the baby once he's born. The way she told me was hilarious, like she was getting ready to turn 12, not 7. I have no doubt of her ability to entertain the baby while I cook dinner or deal with the boys but for sure she will not be left alone. Even though she thinks she can, ha!
----Like I mentioned earlier, she is an animal lover and it runs deep. I've had to tell her numerous times to not touch the crazy stray cats that frequent the school (so gross) and she'll even let dogs lick her face and mouth (even grosser!). A total Dr Doolittle at heart (and I could NOT be further from that). And when we're at the fair seeing the animals, she would touch every one...goats, sheep, cows, pigs, horses. She doesn't care if they're dirty, she thinks they're all, in her words, 'cute'.
----She has started to belly laugh all the time, she thinks the boys are hilarious! And I don't need to tell you that they eat it up with a big spoon. They tell a knock knock joke or do a funny dance and she loses it. Usually Dane is the one that can get her going first and it's downhill from there. She loves to laugh!
Happy Birthday Kat!!
{sorry it's a day late}
{sorry it's a day late}
13 comments:
Kathryn also makes ANY visitor feel like a million bucks. She treats you like she's known you forever and like she is so glad you've come. She is such a good girl and you're the perfect mom for her.
Happy Day to both of you...you've both accomplished so much.
Happy Birthday Kat. If you were born in November, it means you're super cool and really really good looking:)
Kathryn riding her bike cracks me up. She has yet to stay on her bike any time I've been around. That girl manages to fall off so easily and yet she gets up and is fine every time! I love that girl!!
Happy Birthday, Kat!! I love you to pieces!!!
Oh...and the cake was adorable!!
If you have every met Kathryn -- then you have been hugged by Kathryn. Isn't that so true and so amazing! Love you Kathryn.
Happy B-day Miss Kathryn. I hope you had a super cool day :)
What a great cake !
So sweet! What an angel she is. And that is just about the cutes cake I have ever seen!! How great to have a friend do that for you!!
Happy Birthday!! ANd so cute of Dane, typical younger sibling wanting their share of the birthday fun!!
Hey a post is better than none right? What a cute girl. And you have EVERY reason to be tired.
Happy Birthday Kat!
That cake looks like something a little animal-loving girl would LOVE! So cute that she is such a great mix of girly-girl and tom-boy. Also that she is a cheerleader to all and thinks she is ready to babysit!
Happy Birthday Kat! Every family needs a cheerleader!
Happy Birthday to Kat. What a darling cake! Your mom is very talented in the cake dept.
Happy Birthday Katherine! Melanie your posts are so great. How do you do it? Hope your day was great Kat...just like you!
All I can think about is whenever Kathryn takes spill she immediately stands up and says, "I'm okay, I'm okay!" She's so funny! Here cake is awesome! Turned out so cute. Why have I ever bought store cakes when we have Mom!
Happy Birthday Kathryn! I love you!
Post a Comment