Thursday, November 08, 2007

I Missed It

My one year mark was missed. I'm annoyed I didn't remember. But in my defense we were gone last weekend (and I still haven't recapped). You know that feeling though, right? Like when you're waiting for you car to turn over to the next 10,000 miles and you miss it (am I the only one that does that?). Or waiting and waiting till midnight on New Year's Eve only to realize it's now 12:04. That's exactly what I did when it was time to remember I've been blogging for a whole year (actually over that now...) And it was only through another blogger that it even came to my mind. Thanks for your post Annalisa (today is her anniversary)!!!

Even though I've ended up being way more sporadic that originally planned (dang pregnancy and morning sickness) I'm so proud of the blog I've kept for the past year. I started it not telling family and friends, only Milo. I'm not sure why but I'm glad it ended up like that. I felt confident in my blog once I was 'found'. I haven't kept a consistent journal since high school & college and that's sad, I've missed a lot of my life. I've grown and changed so much since then (yikes, it's been 14++ years) and to have this last year documented means a lot to me. I can't wait to have my blog printed in book form. I think that will be on my Christmas list since I'll be HUGE pregnant and not want anything else. Doesn't your blog printed out sound like a nice present? (hint, hint Milo)

Oh and how could I forget all the friends I've made in the last year. Who cares that I've only met one, I love my blogging friends!

Happy One Year To Me!

18 comments:

becca said...

Didn't the year go by so fast!? I can't believe how much blogging has just become a normal part of my life. I will hit my two year mark in January!! Crazy!! I want to prink out my blog as well...one book for each year. Just another thing on my never ending to do list..

Happy one year to you!!

donna said...

Wow one year. That is great. Oh my it has been a year for me too :)!!!!! I so forgot! :)

Shaila Lou said...

Congrats on the one year! I'm totally with you on the printing it out. Thank goodness I retrieved all that I lost. (Although it's going to take some time to recreate it all!) Love the blogging and staying in contact!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! It truly is such an amazing feeling to be able to have journaled the last year so well.

Liz said...

Happy 1 year blogging anniversary!!!

Barb said...

Happy blogiversary! I have missed my odometer turning over in my car, I know that feeling!

Amy said...

Happy blogiversary to you! I think printing your blog sounds like a fanstastic idea!

jenny said...

I'm a bit late, but happy bloganniversary!! Doesn't it feel good to have accomplished so much journaling? I was just going over mine tonight and realized how much I wrote down and forgot about it. I really need to print mine out!

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday Nathan! Happy Halloween! Did I get everything? Oh, great fall pics! I feel so behind! Where do you get your blog pages bound into a book?

Robyn said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I think blogging is great just for that fact- it gets you writing about what is happening in your life. It's a great journal. Plus we get to make friends and enjoy one another. Keep on blogging!

Amie said...

Happy anniversary! The years go too fast. I can't believe all I have documented since blogging either... priceless.

I totally wait for things and then miss them too. Car mileage is one of them for me too.

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary!! I do the same thing with hitting a certain milestone and then missing it completely. Oh well.

I'm dying to print my blog too, I think in volumes for each year, what a fantastic, illustrated journal that would make.

Christina said...

happy 1 year blogger day!! that cake looks grubbish!

having a blog has been so fun and so good for me too..

Laurie said...

Has it only been a year!? Can't believe it. I love marking year/annual anniversaries and remembering significances of those, but have never been in to marking "3 and 6 month anniversaries" and such.

carlo said...

HAPPY ONE YEAR to you!

I was just getting serious about this crazy blogging world about this time last year and i am so glad i did!!!!!!

Kristen said...

Time goes by too fast!
I think my one year is coming up. We always celebrate 100 posts but we need to remember the one year mark too :)

Brianne said...

Congrats!! What a great accomplishment! Now I just need to update myself on your last few posts.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! I think printing your blog is a great gift idea! So glad to have "met" you, my friend!