Conversation with Dane.
D- Do we have a fire extinguisher mom?
M- No.
D- Mom, we really need one. If we have an oil fire, oil and water don't mix. (very concerned at this point) We need to go and get one. The Rescue Heros told us it was important. We shouldn't ever put water on an oil fire.
M- Thanks for fire safety lessons Dane. (We do need one and with him, I'm sure he'll make sure it happens, ha!)
~~~~~~~~
Tonight at dinner Nathan was telling us about Katie O'Hare (someone that doesn't share), she was in the movie they watched at school today. He retold each detail of her not sharing with her brother. And how it made her not very nice. Apparently he's the expert on sharing now, ha. Then he went back to eating and didn't say anymore.
After at least 5 minutes of quiet he says.... 'That movie is realistic fiction.' And then gave us a lesson on realistic fiction and told us that is wasn't exactly true but that it could happen. It was so funny! Mostly because he was right and so serious about it. I am dead positive I had no idea what realistic fiction meant in kindergarten. They've come a long way, eh?
~~~~~~~~
The kids were shocked when we went and got ice cream tonight right before bedtime. Milo was working so it was just the kids and I. We went to Baskin Robbins for $0.31 scoops of ice cream, a benefit for firefighters (I think). I typically don't stray from the norm. Especially on a school night and without Milo but this week has been long and we all deserved the treat . The kids definitely thought it was wild and loved it. My favorite part... it was only $2.38 for 8 kid scoops of ice cream! I love a deal!
18 comments:
LOve the conversations with Dane!!!!!!!!
Ice cream !!!!! What a yummy treat:)
Ummm, you have already been through one fire so getting a fire extinguisher now might be good. :)
Yum- ice cream. That is a great deal for all that ice cream. Way to be spontaneous. :)
Your kids are so educated!! It is so funny the things they come up with! I want a .31cent ice cream! Thats the deal of the year!
So cute!! You have some smart little kids on your hands! I love converstions like that.
Great deal on the ice cream..wow!
I love kid quotables recorded on the blog!
I have been planning to do the 31 Flavors thing and totally forgot about it last night. Would have been a good idea but being trapped on the road got me distracted!
What a cute little guy. My son talks about fires all the time and what we would do.
Love the conversations with the boys'! I was terrified of fires as a kid (to much watching rescue 911), I would go crying to Dad scared that I wouldn't be able to get all the boys out safe. Then Dad would rock me...good memories of Dad!
We also hit the 31 cent night. We did it last year too, and it was crazy. This year they only let a few people in the door at a time and you had to leave to eat it. Much better! I only got 3 scoops and wished I had gotten more! What a great deal!
Brett is a baskin robbins freak! He almost made us drive all the way to Salt Lake (45 min) when he heard they were doing the .31 cent scoops. I had to put my foot down! $20 in gas- probably not worth it!
why didn't i know about this .31¢ ice cream....
Rescue hero comments are always so funny. And no one gets left behind! or stick to the plan! So funny.
Bummers I missed baskin robbins I saw a sign for that and totally forgot!
Cute. Kids are such little worriers, in the absolute sweetest ways. And realistic fiction! I don't think it gets much more adorable than that!
Pretty funny. I love the stories where the boys pause like that for 5-10 minutes and then bring it back up again, and it is usually very intelligent what they have to say! Great deal on the ice cream, to bad its not that price every day!
You are a fun mom! My sister mentioned the 31 cent ice cream night to me but I didn't venture out!
Ugh. We totally missed the $.31 ice cream. I always have fire extinguisher guilt:)
Realistic fiction! That is hilarious!
We had planned to go to Baskin Robbins that night for Eva's birthday, but then she got sick. I love a good deal, too.
Your kids are so funny. At least you know they are listening at school. The only downside to having kids that smart is that I doubt you can ever get anything past them. Let me guess...they're already questioning santa and the easter bunny :)
I love whent he kids think they know more than you. I have conversations like that all the time. It pretty funny.
Score on the ice cream!
I was so choked a few years ago when I first heard about special Baskin Robin cheap dates, and then I found out that my local Baskin Robin parlor doesn't implement them!
Post a Comment