Milo was gone most of last week and when he's gone I get tired and I'm not going to lie, a bit grumpy. We all miss him. He helps a ton and with this group of four and we need all the distractions and help we can get. Especially between the hours of 3-7!! I swear those witching hours do me in.
On Thursday night Milo and I left the two big kids with Gramimi and took Reed and Dane out of town. Dane had an appointment at Shriner's Hospital for Children at 8:30 Friday morning. I wasn't feeling very confident that we could make the early trip with a newborn and get there on time so we opted for the hotel the night before . We thought that would be exciting for Dane but he was just lamenting the fact that he didn't get to stay back at grandma's house! He definitely didn't think it was fair that Nathan and Kathryn got to. We told him over and over they went to school and weren't having a play day with her but he wasn't buying it. He was sure they were having all the fun.
Dane was referred there because his ankles pronate (roll inward) and he complains of leg pain quite a bit. He showed off his rubber muscles for 3 different doctors. The kid is so flexible (that's him folding in half inside the Radio Flyer wagon seat and laughing about it. it's a small space) and while he does have lax ligaments they felt he didn't need anything about it right now. They were moving his legs, arms, hands and bending them all over the place and he never complained. Actually, I think he was laughing (not surprising). Our appointment was half the time they said it would be so we got a little shopping in. Not as much as we would have liked being in the 'big city' and all but we had a good day.Saturday brought Kathryn's first clogging performance of the year. I'd post a photo of her cute new costume but none of them turned out! Note to self...when you're holding a 4 month old the pictures don't come out very focused. Better luck next time I hope. Reed did not appreciate the loud booming music either. He finally fell asleep only to be scared again and it brought on the tears. We got out of there as fast as we could.
Sunday we attended the missionary report of Milo's cousin, Aaron. He did a great job and really 'grew up' out there while he was serving. After we had been home for a while I called my friend that plays the piano in primary and asked how everything went. I missed quite the Sunday! When everyone got to church there was no power because of a blown power transformer. Our chapel has no windows and was pitch black. So they met out at the pavilion behind our building, blessed and served the sacrament, said a few words and sent everyone home. After 30 minutes. Really, I don't mind our 3 hour block. It goes fast, I feel the Spirit most Sundays and thats how it's been my whole life. I know no different. BUT, when there is a Sunday off so to speak, I want in on it, ha!
Not much this week either. I so wish I had big plans to be at Women's Conference at BYU this weekend. Not really for Women's Conference, more for the Blogger Party! I would have gone this year too but they don't allow nursing moms anymore and without it being a two fold trip my practical ways just couldn't justify it. Why must I be so practical? I've been friends with some of these fabulous bloggers for a couple years now. It's high time we met in person (don't you think?) but dang it, it's not meant to be this year. I can't wait to read all the posts about it. I'll be waiting for them girls.
13 comments:
I'd never thought about Dane's flexibility and double-jointedness being anything other than something really cool that he can do. Duh. I'm glad you thought to check him out and even more glad that "it's just something really cool that he can do" for now.
Next year let's throw our practicality out the window and drive down to the women's conference...you can even pick the music.
Next year i will go with you to Women's conference..
Hey sounds like you need a girl's lunch..:)
So when do you want one???????
Weel, you'll be missed at the Blogger Party--but there will be some fabulous recaps I'm sure. Not the same, I know. Hopefully next year will be your year!
I know what you mean about more of the same sometimes. It's why I rarely post about my day to day stuff.
I wish you were coming:)
I hear you. More of the same. I think we need a change of scenery. That's why I'm going to Utah on Friday night:) I'm so glad Dane doesn't have to have any procedures done right now. That must have been a load off.
Don't you mean you wish you were at the BYU women's conference because I'm at BYU? Haha, just kidding!
I want to see a picture of Kathryn's costume, I bet it is SO cute!
As soon as I found out the blogger party is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from where Tyson lives, I almost called you and Jane and said, Let's go for it!! The only thing holding me back, no job. Bummer. Next year for sure!
try 3-7, man in wheelchair AND PMS on top of that!!! ya..i just came back from a drive around the "hood" bawling my eyes out--amazing how much better i feel..i dont know why i keep it in so long..geesh!
im excited for the blogger party-it will be my 1st! counting the days to ESCAPE here!!
My days all run together!! What day is it, and why does it feel like I did this all yesterday? Because I did. I guess that's the life of a mom!!
I can't wait to see Kathryn's costume! I wonder if I'll ever be up to see her clog!
Next year for sure then right?!
I just read Susan's comment...how great would it be if the 4 of you came?!!! (I'm counting the baby of course.)
I didnt know you posted! Wow! Im sorry about the rut youve been in and Im sure Im not much help as Ive been in one too. This nice weather is really helping my spirits though.
I'm glad that Dane doesn't need any surgery or intervention right now.
SO sad you couldn't come to the blog party! I sure hope you can do it next year...
Post a Comment