Monday, June 30, 2008

Just Before We Leave

We started swimming lessons today and it is scorching hot right now! Today was somewhere in the ballpark of 104^ give or take one or two. At that temp it doesn't really matter, all I know is that it is HOT! And just like every year it's too cold for summer when school gets out and then all of the sudden, too hot. Reed and I chilled under the huge umbrella and the kids tired themselves out playing with friends. We schedule lessons the half hour before the pool opens so that after they are over we have a sweet spot set up and the kids play for a couple hours. I love the season passes!

Tonight we had a little FHE and tried to school the kids on the ins and outs of flying. They were listening pretty good while Milo and I tried to convey the importance of staying near me once we get to Las Vegas and that we needed their help staying together. We told them how big it would be and that there are 4 of them and only one of me. All that kind of stuff. Then of the sudden Dane started to cry and said he only wanted to sit by me and always be right by me. It was so sad, I think we scared the tar out of him without even meaning to. I assured him I would not lose him and that he could sit by me on the plane. We didn't mean to scare him to death. Sheesh, I hope he isn't scarred for life.


  • 10 pairs of pajamas
  • 14 outfits
  • 4 swimsuits
  • 12 pairs of underwear
  • 3 pairs of socks for Dane to sleep in. He's crazy without them and we don't know where he gets it, we hate sleeping in socks.
  • 4 swim diapers
  • 3 pair of goggles
  • sunscreen
  • 2 blankets
  • 3 toothbrushes
This list....all 4 kids in one suitcase!! I have a big suitcase all to myself that I hope to leave half empty so that it can come back full from a couple shopping trips. I know we'll get a little less shopping in with the kids in tow but that's a good thing right, I'll spend less money!

As I was tucking Dane in tonight he told me he was ready to go to Vegas (he's dropped the Las) because he is a (his words) a 'midnight person'. Then he asked me if I knew what that was. He told me it was someone that didn't sleep and stayed up all night, like until midnight (like me as I post this at 11:44 pm?). I hope we can contain his wild ways down there in Vegas, he could get a little crazy at night, ha!

12 comments:

becca said...

I hope you have a great vacation!! Good luck with the kids, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Heidi said...

Good Luck and have fun! What a good idea to have that discussion. I hope the kids are good for you. They will probably be so scared they will be like flies around you!

donna said...

Have fun girl.....
Take lots of pictures:)

Granny DeeAnn said...

10 1/2 hours and counting! :)

Amie said...

Have a great time!

Carolyn said...

Exciting! Sounds like a good FHE, and Dane is so cute! A midnight person...you are gonna have to watch him! :D

Brenda said...

Have fun, I can't wait to hear all about the flight!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Just a note if you tune into Mel's blog tonight. They were supposed to leave Pasco at 6:30 PM and she just called me now 8:00 PM that they just got on the plane!!! I think she was at the airport by 5 PM. I bet we will spend time regrouping tomorrow! :(

jenny said...

How fun! I am sure you are there by now. I fear that your 103 will feel much nicer than that HOT HOT dry stuff you are heading toward. Hope the plane ride went well!

Liz said...

Have fun on your trip! I hope it all goes well, and that Dane stays right by your side! :)

Becky Noftle said...

I don't wanna be a Vegas person but I find it takes till midnight most nights to run this house! Socks in bed-ughh the very idea makes me cringe and get short of breath.

Kortni said...

ONE ??? How did you fit all that in one suitcase??? I just packed for only 3 nights and it doesn't look like that!! Is it the girls vs boys?? Have fun-we'll swap stories when you get back. Kort