Friday, August 29, 2008
On the Menu Today
Dane has been keeping me on my toes and that's putting it mildly. Yesterday he wanted to make his lunch and he wanted a (his own words) 'Double Axle Sandwich'. I thought perhaps there had been much Olympic watching around here but it's the wrong season for double axles and I have no idea where he came up with such a concoction. At dinner he told Milo that I wouldn't let him make his sandwich and Milo said I should have just given in, no matter how gross it sounded (as if he were always so laid back,ha!). So today after we worked on homeschool letters and homeschool PE (toe touches, jumping jacks and sit ups) he started in on making the sandwich. I said I would if he let me make it only half (thinking he would waste most all of it).
Here's the order, bottom to top....bread, jam, peanut butter, bread, mayo, cheese, mayo, bread, jam, peanut butter and bread. Who would even want a bite?!
After the first bite he gave it a double thumbs up, his favorite signal that something meets his standards.
Not bad! He ate way more than I thought he would and there were oohs and aahs after every bite. He loved this sandwich and now I'm afraid I'll be making more of them! I was saved this afternoon from anymore 'homeschool' activities when Marion called and asked if Dane wanted to run errands with her. YES, was my resounding reply. Thanks again Gramimi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
You DID let him make the sandwich! Oh how yummy it looks... I can't believe he gave the thumbs up, what a kid!
Hilarious! I wouldn't want to try that sandwich, sounds pretty gross, but how did he fit his mouth over that? Love it Dane!!
i think that i just threw up in my mouth....
How disgusting! It's even funnier that he ate almost all of it!!! Gross...
Thank goodness for grammimi or else you would have had to do more jumping jacks or something. :)
Hilarious. Every bite of it!
My one of a kind little boy! I hope you are certified to teach homeschool. I'm afraid when he does get into public education he will be disapointed, because no teacher will make THAT sandwich!!!
That sandwich looks... interesting. Man, I hate being so far away from everyone. And, ahhh, the Grant County Fair. I miss home sometimes. The kids are changing so quickly! Hopefully I get to come for Christmas this year.
I think you're in for it with your little Dane! He's got a will of iron, so much so that he would eat that concoction and like it! How cute!
My question is: Did he want it again the next day?
You have a strange child! Almost as strange as my children! I cant believe he named the sandwhich and wanted all that on it. I say if he eats it though...
You will miss the homeschooling next week...not really! :)
Won't it be cool when he is on the food network and you can show the pictures of his first creation!!
I don't know if our snacks at pre-school are going to "stack up" to the things on his menu!! Kortni
Oh my heck Mel! That is SO hilarious...and gross! I can't even believe he ate almost all of it! What a kid =).
xo
Too funny! I guess he knew what he wanted! That is very cute (a little gross, but very cute!)
wow!!!! did he get sick? I think i would of been sick, if i ate that......
Umm, nasty. Hey, I don't have your email address for some strange reason. I know I've used it before. Weird. Anyway, I want to know more about that website with the photoshop actions. brennie26atyahoodotcom. And I didn't shoot in manual. It intimidates me. I know I need to do it though! Care to teach me?
Oh, gross!! The best part about that sandwich is the name -- sweet.
what a funny kid, but at least he ate it!! Chad used to eat Miracle Whip and Cheese sandwiches...and I thought THAT was wierd!!
Mya wants weird stuff all the time and she eats it too! Glad I don't have the only weirdo in this department. This looks sickening, but at least he ate it! You rock for indulging him.
to my prego belly that sounds D'lish!! that boy is something else!
I have to tell you this. Me and Deidra were sitting at my house chatting it up when Brent just started laughing. I mean, his whole body was shaking with laughter. We asked what was so funny. I guess I told him about Dane wanting the sandwhich but I never told him that he actually got it. He had the sandwhich picture taking up his whole computer screen and he was just cracking up. He thought it was just so funny and that Dane is such a cool kid for eating it all. Haha!
That is nasty....love the thumbs up picture!
Post a Comment