
Our stake had a Pioneer Day activity at the park behind our church on Thurs, the 24th. It isn't my favorite activity to attend because it's packed with people and it's hard to keep an eye on the kids but I was pretty much insistent we go as a family. I want the kids to know just how many people belong to the same church as us and for them to actually see all the people that believe as we do. They set up a waterslide and there is lots of food (if you're on time that is and with Milo in our family we get there ON TIME) and of course plenty of people to chat with.

The reason Reed isn't in the family self portrait. He was so good, hanging out in his stroller until he crashed. This kid can go anywhere!

And with a baby confined to a stroller and 3 semi big kids that stay where they are supposed to, Milo and I had a good time mingling. The best part of the night was when all 4 kids crash landed into bed, even sleeping in the next day. Perfect.
My mom came on the 25th and the next morning went to spend the weekend with my Grandma. We were getting ready for our one day reunion on Milo's mom's side. Instead of camping for a few days we spent the whole day at the water park. It was nice to not worry about camping with a 7 month old but it was harder to catch up and visit with half the town at the pool. All in all it was good times and that's what counts.

The kids loved it and wanted to spend lots of time in the sand. I obliged them one time but it's so far from where we were that they didn't get to spend as much time as they wanted. In fact they didn't swim much at all. I think the lazy river was the biggest hit that day.

Dane, Malcolm and Quinn took turns 'riding' each other's back. I have no idea what they were playing, I just know they weren't fighting and that's all that counts!
3 comments:
Good for you for going to the 24th celebration. I never thought about your reasons for going--helping the kids see a bigger picture--but that is a very good reason. Calvin and I were on our way to it, but one of us was cross so we turned around half way and came back home :) (I guess the whiny stage isn't only for 5 year olds...but darn, I tired hard not to be.)
That Jane cracks me up every time!
The 24th celebration sounds like a winner. One year we had a Primary parade, but that's about it. Lame. When we go to the water park, I don't really care what the kids do -- even if it's making a tube fort and not swimming at all -- as long as they're happy!
Great family self portrait!
Love the pictures of the kids in the sand. Kids are so funny, what were they playing? Funny boys!
Post a Comment