Just more catch up.

Dane was snuggling my mom and I thought this was the most hilarious sight! From the looks of it, Grandma's legs don't get out in that Vegas sun very often!

Sunday (8/3) we went hung out at my Uncle's house. It was great food, fun and visiting. I love getting together with my cousins/aunts/uncles. They are funny people. And it just wouldn't be a Sunday with family if my mom and one of her siblings didn't break out the Pinochle cards and play a couple games.

He's almost 8 months and getting a stronger personality everyday. His latest nickname....Grabby Graberson! He lunges and reaches for anything and everything he sees. I'm not encouraging the crawling because man, when he does, he will be all over the place. I'm not ready for that!

Such a happy baby. We ended up at the park one night and he was all smiles. He loves to be outside and watch the older kids. Thankfully, he doesn't mind hanging out in the stroller.

My mom came home from a trip to Walmart with this batting helmet. Ithought this was a ridiculous, waste of a purchase not realizing how one $6 (on clearance) baseball helmet can bring so much joy! The kids loved it so much, they didn't even fight over it. They shared it. Miracle.

We packed up the gear and the kids and headed to a park to avoid any broken windows around here. They had a blast and the weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cool. They each had their own style when it was their turn to hit. Kat would walk up to the tee, stand there staring at it for a few seconds, calculating her every move and then she would hit it farther than we thought she would every single time.

Nathan was Mr. Cool walking up to the tee, never wanted any help (not surprising), told us he played T-ball before and hit it almost every time. Dane would stand in a different spot every time, do a little dance with the bat up to his shoulder, hit the bat to the ground, do another little dance and then decide it was time to hit the ball. And he did but only after he hit the tee a couple times.

Dane has looked like this many times though out each day for almost 2 whole weeks (the crying, not the grabbing that I
just noticed, ha)! I keep telling myself he is growing because what could possibly be that wrong in an almost 5 yr olds life? Argh, it's been so frustrating. His nickname has been Grumpy Grumperson!! Let's hope he pulls out of it soon, I'm going crazy!
3 comments:
Oh man, what a great idea to get a shot of your mom's and Dane's legs.
Nathan looks so handsome in that photo, too.
I hated the whiny/crying stage, too. It's a real downer and energy zapper.
Whenever my kids are crying or whining, I always wonder how hard it could possibly be to be 3, or 4, or 5... I'm just glad Reed is so content and goes with the flow!
Good call on the baseball helmet, Grandma!
Love Reed's shirt. The little baseball helmet is cute! My boys love t ball and would want to play every second of the day with that awesome helmet!
Post a Comment