The day's over as soon as I finish this post and head to bed. Thank heavens. I know I need a new number on the calendar tomorrow.
The Bad-
- The one year old took a 1.5 hour nap in the morning after kicking the wall for 40 minutes. So I guess that means he only slept 50 minutes. And then never went down successfully again. I usually pride myself with not going and getting the baby up, I'm in charge and one year olds take naps around here! None of my other babies did this crazy nap revolt at one. But he was screaming uncontrollably and kicking the wall again and so it was my turn to torture. I wouldn't let him go down again until it was bedtime. He wasn't getting any late afternoon winks. He was exhausted and went right to sleep when 7:30 rolled around. I'll show him who's boss.
- It's official.... I've LOST my blog book. The one I've worked hours, upon hours on. Here's the short version. Our old computer (a Dell) crashed but I had my blog book on an external hard drive with photos, Milo's iTunes backed up, etc. My mom sent her old Gateway up and we used that for a month or so. In that time, I worked (successfully) on my book and was close, really close, to finishing it. A week before Christmas we get a new computer (an HP) and today, I decide to work on my book a little bit because I'm so close to finishing it. It is lost. Not in the file. I'm so sad. I even welled up tears tonight when Milo tried and couldn't find it either. Stupid blogger, external hard drive, new computer. Whatever the reason it's lost. I'm mad and sad. I hope someday I'll get to spend another 50 hours on it and actually send it to print!
- There were tears over the Wii today. I can't handle tears over video games. Tired kids getting used to the schedule again are not emotionally stable. We've had lots of tears the past couple days.
- We had the Great Melt Off of '09 today. Which isn't all bad, it's just that everything is ugly, wet and muddy now. And I have boys that like water and mud.
Santa left Kathryn the American Girl doll, Kit Kitteridge. She loves this doll. She changes her clothes, makes her a bed (in her box no less) and combs her hair everyday. And speaking of her hair, she wanted hers cut to look just like it (I secretly wanted to cut her long hair too). She would say, 'After my baptism, I'm getting my hair cut just like Kit's cause we look alike'. So here we have Kit (out of focus) and Kat (loving her new cut and frequenting the mirror).- Because of the Great Melt Off we had a nice warm temp of 50^ and lots of sunshine to go with it. So the muddy puddles aren't all that bad if I look at it that way. Sunshine is a good thing, especially in January.
- I pulled off making dinner without any pre-planning and didn't start until 4:50. I so wanted to load up the car and get Subway or hamburgers. I made spaghetti pie and the kids loved it. I call it a success because I can't stand cooking dinner during the witching hours.
- Milo didn't have to go over the mountain pass. His meeting was cancelled and so was my worry.
- Reed is standing alone for a long time without reaching to hold on to anyone or anything. It's crazy how fast they learn new tricks because he wasn't doing this on Sunday before my mom left. He did it a couple times Monday and now it's all the time. He's just so proud of his new trick that I just can't help but smile and cheer him on. I love when he looks at me and his face says, 'I'm standing alone, aren't I a stud?'. Cause that is exactly what his face looks like. Steps seem to be next and I am. not. ready.
- I only had 30 minutes by they time I finished getting through the morning routine, but I made it to the gym and it felt good.
10 comments:
I hope you got the sleep you deserve Melanie.
I loved this post...the good and the bad of it.
I love that you write like you talk. It's like I get to visit with you when I read your words.
It's all about perspective, isn't it. I hate perspective! ;)
Kathryn's hair looks so great! She looks so grown up.
I was thinking the same thing as Jane. I can just hear you talking when I read this. I love knowing what's going on, and I'm sure glad to know we all have "the good and the bad."
so sorry about your BLOG book. I would of cried too.
The picture of Kathryn and her doll is so cute.:)
That is horrible about your blog book. Doesn't your Mom know how to find it??? Annoying. Kathryn's hair is darling.
I am soo sorry about your blog book. What an absolute drag. I would be crying also.
The nap thing. I feel your pain. Ryan is done napping also. He has to now because if he falls asleep he won't go to bed till midnight.
Kats hair looks so darn cute.
What a cutie..actually all of your kids are adorable. She looks so pretty with a new haircut and all in white. And I love the shot of you and Kat together, she looks cute, and you look gorgeous!
I'm so sad you lost your book! How annoying, especially since it's not as easy to do now. (Not that I've checked again recently!)
Kathryn's haircut looks so cute! I ALWAYS wanted an American Doll when I was her age (maybe a few years older) but I guess my parents were always too poor! I'm so happy I can live my American Doll dreams through Kathryn!!
Isn't this weather crazy. It's been raining alot here too, but the sun did peak through on and off today. (Hence some of my picture taking.)
One more thing on my long comment. WAY TO GO getting to the gym. I'm jealous...I need my work out routine back!
This definitely sounds like a challenging day, especially if you were ready for it to be over at noon.
I say more power to you with Reed and his nap, you're the boss and moms and kids need naps!!
I'm so sorry about your blog book, that is devastating. I know how much work is involved in formatting that, I will take a moment of silence for you now...
I don't know if it helped, but it's solidarity from Utah!
I'm super impressed that you made dinner during the witching hour, that's always a challenge for me. I need to plan better for dinners this year.
Melanie, you never told me about your blog book....I can't believe it. How sad. I would have cried too. Is there no way the guys in town can get it off, and the company doesn't have it saved on their site? What a mess. I'm sorry!
Post a Comment