I literally did not have more than 5 handwritten lines on my paper that Milo saw this morning. Most of my talk I had highlighted parts of President Uchdorf's talk and it was stressing Milo out that I wouldn't take enough time. I tried more than once to write his talk in my own words but I just couldn't. I love what he said so I went with a paraphrasing method, ha. All morning Milo kept telling me to prepare more, that I had to give him a solid 10 minutes or he wouldn't make it through. The youth speakers were pretty short and and when they sat down he told me, 'You better make it a solid 15!'. It was funny. I'm proud to say, I made it a solid 15, whew!
After I sat down Milo leaned over and said 'If I were Simon Cowell, I'd say you started out shaky but pulled it off at the end.' Ha! He didn't retract that statement until after church so I was a little worried. I feel like it was good and I really appreciate Mike and Marion coming to help with the kids and listen to our talks. Mike is the best member of the congregation! He made eye contact, never looked bored, and I really appreciated the support, it was great. Thanks guys!
Reed has discovered my 'hair cupboard'. Where I store all of my goods. Color, gel, bleach, hair spray, you name it, it's there. I didn't have it when the other boys were one, it was in the other room so they couldn't get into all of it. In Reed's defense, I'm sure they would have played with all the little bottles too, but he is driving me crazy!
He pulls them all out, lines them on a chair. Knocks them over. Carries them all over the house. Occasionally brings them to me with a smile, knowing he shouldn't have them. And once or twice, has thrown them away.
He's just so happy to find the cute little bottles. He also puts them in his mouth, hits things with them and hides them. Tonight I found one it the boys room when I was putting them to bed.
While I was gone last weekend, Reed started making himself a comfy place to watch TV. It's adorable, he pushes the blankets up in the corner and then lays down and sucks his thumb. I've 'lost' him a couple times too and there he is all snuggled up in the corner. It's so cute!Milo has a job interview tomorrow. We're hopeful and confident that if he does or doesn't get the job, it's meant to be. We'll move on either way because that's what you do. Both of us have felt really watched over and we know the right job/situation will present itself. We're both ready for him to be working again and more importantly, in a better working environment. And not because we're fighting with all the together time (really), he's just getting antsy not working. He can't play basketball with his knee and around here, there just isn't that much to do this time of year with a bum knee.
Last Thursday when the kids went to soccer it was 35^ and that wasn't including wind chill. I sent them off with Milo wearing heavy coats, gloves and a stocking hat. They were freezing when they came home. Milo was pretty warm, he hung out in the running car, ha! I guess what I'm saying is that to enjoy/endure all the games we have coming up..... we NEED spring!
I definitely had more to blog about but I can't remember it now. I hate when I do that. I wait to post until I 'have enough' and then can't remember when I sit down to post. Go figure.
{I'm forcing myself to bed. It's almost 12:30 am and I'm not even close to tired. The time change makes me crazy because I know I'll be tired in the morning. And pay for it all day. So dumb}
14 comments:
It's just so fun to catch up with you this morning, thanks for the post.
I'm not crazy about daylight savings (I'd rather keep one time all year), but I do love that now I'm sleepy at a respectable hour instead of an insanely early one!
Ohhhhh, red would not be good.
Milo's comment made me laugh. I can hear him saying it. I wish you'd have had a quippy coment back to unnerve him...or take back a few of your solid fifteen to put him temporarily in the hot seat for making you nervous. (Wait. You said your talk was on hope which is part of the three legged stool that includes charity. I take that all back.)
I'm definitely ready for spring. I'd like some natural vitamin c and d.
So funny that he loves those tiny bottles!! Jaxon's new thing lately is to put his bottles in the cupboards-which could be really gross if they are left there for a few days with milk still in them-yuck! He also loves to throw things away-so we are constantly checking the garbage-found my cell many times in there....as I type he is turning the tv on and off-who designed these....why arent those buttons on the top of the tv-not the bottom?!
I'm sure you did great on your talk-getting up on the stand is sooo scarry, but it's so great once you're done speaking!
We are ready for spring too-the weather has been so nice here in St. George-it's been in the 60's and I cannot wait for the triple digits to come!
Hope that everything works out with Milo's interview-Jake is the same way when he's not working-antsy antsy antsy-so we feel your pain-he had been out of work for a couple weeks but things seem to be picking up for now...we will see how long it lasts!
Good luck with the interview Milo. Sure hope he gets the job....you guys would be so much fun at the hospital pool party. It is quite entertaining.
Milo weighing in *American Idol* style on your talk is cracking me up!
Good Luck with the J.O.B. You are having a great attitude about it. Oh and Cuuute picture of Reed in the corner. So funny!
Giving talks in sacrament meeting is so scary.:) I am sure you did a wonderful job!
Th picture of Reed watching TV is so cute. Wow i can't believe how big he is. The last time i seen him was at TIME OUT for WOMEN a year ago.
Keep us posted about the interview.
Oh no. Red in the washer with white clothes is never good. I'm sure there are many who have worn pink and blue you know what!!!!!! Thank goodness for clorox!! I think we have had this conversation before! Ha
Reed is getting so big. I will try and find the webcam so we can visit! Where oh where do I look?
You know...Reed has THE SWEETEST smile I have ever see. I would let him play with whatever he wanted!
fingers are crossed in Royal.
I am so glad the talks went well. That was so nice to have help during them.
That is so cute with what Reed does all cuddled up. HOpefully he will get over playing with the hair dye. That is too scary.
Ok...Reed is adorable, and we are in SUCH the same place right now! Brody LOVES to empty my drawers and seems to play with "my" stuff more than his own toys!!
I love the cuddling with the blanket..he is a doll!!!
I love that talk as well....I am glad your talk is over, I am sure you did great!! And Milo cracks me up!
Great post Melly. I'll be thinking about you and Milo today. I'm sure he'll be super impressive! And I'll be praying that Reed doesn't figure out how to open those bottles. Sneaky little dude.
I'm glad your talks went well. Milo is such a nerd that I love dearly! His comment to you is hilarious. That so nice that Mom and Pop showed up to help and listen.
Reed is cracking me up with his love of the hair dye bottles. I'm so glad they didn't open up in the wash! That's the cutest thing, him cuddling up in the corner.
I thought you guys did really well on your talks. I'm so glad when I sit down and realize it is 'over!' Reed made me laugh, can you imagine if Kyden also found that 'secret' hiding place with all those 'goods!' I love how he cuddles in the corner! I love the picture, way to capture the moment!
Post a Comment