Friday, April 24, 2009

Five for Friday- Gross Photo Edition

{#5 is gross, really gross. Don't say I didn't warn you!}

1. Dane and I have been waiting for Walgreens to open for months. I have looked forward to taking part in all the good deals I read about on coupon blogs and for some reason Dane is just plain obsessed with this store. Every time we've driven by while it was being built he would give us an update as to what was being worked and what was finished. He couldn't wait to shop there, ha. In fact, since the store took forever to open he wanted to start calling Walmart, Walgreens and Walgreens, Walmart. We have no idea why but every time he said it was all cracked up.

Yesterday the store opened so we took Dane so his dreams could come true about shopping there. It was just like every other Walgreens in the world but he wanted to roam every isle. This confirms it.... we need to get out more! Love his thumbs up sign as we were walking in.

2. Spring is here. We scalped our lawn. Cleaned up the grill. We've gone on walks. The kids have gotten back into riding their bikes and playing outside every chance they get. In fact, the Wii has only been turned on once in the last week and they haven't even missed it. It amazes me that April is almost over. It all goes so fast from here. I register Dane for kindergarten on Tuesday (sniff). School is over in 6-7 weeks. Here comes summer..... I can't wait!

3. After feeling down the beginning of the week, I'd be ungrateful if I didn't recognize that some big blessings came our way this week. A few in the form of money (helpful with no steady income) to us, one in the form of money not needed from us and many in the form of friendship and service. I am in debt to the wonderful family and that friends that surround me and my famiy. I've just wanted to 'Pay it Forward' the past couple days and in the ways that I am able to, it's felt so, so good. Recieving service is for me harder than giving it but either way it's an undeniable blessing.

4. I took Reed in on Monday for what I thought we be an appointment to get his cast taken off. Our Dr. said he really felt it needed 2 more weeks because we don't know when or how it happened. Just to be safe from reinjury and solid healing. I almost wanted to whine about it. I couldn't though because perspective can help you see the light. My Dr's 5 yr old son just broke his femur and will be in a spica cast for 5 weeks. Poor boy. Ok then, I'll take 2 more weeks of baths in the kitchen sink and an early riser with my one year old that can't complain with words. I'm pretty sure he'll totally be over the thumb sucking by then. Which is both a good and bad thing. Good, much easier to break the habit now than later (hello Dane still sucks his thumb). Bad, I'm afraid the 6 am wake up calls are here to stay.

One cute thing to note is he 'hoe down' dances with his cast and it's adorable. I call out like square dancers do and he swings both arms around and with his bent cast, it's hilarious. (Note to self.... get it on video!)

Last warning............

5. The demise of my favorite shoe. Oh it's so sad. I love these comfy shoes and last night I could only find one shoe. I searched around for a bit and it hit me, Reed has gone back to throwing things away. So I pulled the bag out of the garbage can and there it was at the bottom of the bag. With last nights dinner all over it!! I almost threw up. I've scrubbed it four times with four different kinds of soap. And to no avail, it still smells like leftover split pea and ham soup with a little bit of chinese on top. Sad, sad day. I loved these shoes. Any ideas on how to get them clean?

12 comments:

::lindsay said...

Welcome to the world of Walgreens! I love getting fabulous deals there.

Oh, and that shoe is disgusting! So sorry they are ruined!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Yes!! We have another store to shop at in Moses.
About the shoe.... I'll start looking for another pair. It is so hard to part with shoes you love! That is a sad day.......

Brenda said...

Boo ruined shoes! But split pea and ham is better than what I originally thought it was. Your Walgreens post is so funny, because they are building one by us. Across the street from it they are building a CVS Pharmacy which to me, sounds like the same store. The boys are always checking to see who's ahead in the building process.

Korbi said...

um,. yuck... :)

Laurie said...

So sad about your shoes! I'm be really bummed too. The photo though makes it at least a memory you can laugh about through the years b/c it is a funny photo!

I thoroughly enjoyed your other updates of the week!

Melinda said...

There is a walgreens getting built in my town. It is coming along really fast. I am excited about it also.

so sorry about the shoes. That is a hard one. Good luck getting it clean.

Lucy said...

Shoe - totally gross. I would feel sad, but there is no way I could wear them again.

I really think it's funny about the Walgreen's excitement. That's about the highlight of my shopping here! I get giddy walking down all the aisles too. Looks like Dane and myself both need to get out more...

Bummer about the cast. But, better safe than sorry, right?

donna said...

OH i so enjoy Walgreens. We have one just a few blocks from our house. I am there a few times a week. LOVE it. Enjoy your Walgreens.
So sorry about your shoe.!

becca said...

I'm sorry about the cast! that is so tough! And the early wake up's just make it all the harder!!

I was expecting worse for #5...but that is pretty gross! Although mostly I am sad that your favorite shoes are ruined!

Shaila Lou said...

Dane and his Walgreens! Hilarious, one funny kid! Poor shoe, I loved them and wished I had them myself. Hope you can figure out how to save it. Maybe you can convince a sales person to only sell you one!

So good talking and catching up to you today! Love ya!

Robyn said...

EWWWW! I am so sorry to hear about your favorite shoes. They look really cute. Wish I had some good tips but fortunately my sweet babies have never thrown mine away. Um, maybe you'll get used to the smell??? Good luck!

Marion said...

I love the future Walgreen's manager, Dane! He's one funny kid and I love him to pieces! The shoe kind of grossed me out, too! Sorry about your loss!