Monday, April 20, 2009

Today We Celebrate Nine

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. How can 9 years feel more like 4? Because to be starting our 10th year married feels surreal. Time just passes so, so quickly!

Milo has been wanting to go back for sushi at a place we have here in town but I haven't been jumping at the chance to try sushi for the first time. I asked if he wanted to go there for lunch today and he was all over it. Just the word sushi scares me a bit but I was feeling adventurous and because we had a gift certificate for 1/2 off, I thought it was the perfect place to celebrate. You know what, I actually liked it. I've heard a lot of people talk about California Rolls so I went with a popular recommendation and they didn't disappoint. (Thanks for babysitting Marion!)

I humored Milo with sushi and he humored me when we stopped at the park for a self portrait after lunch. We sat down at the park, got poked in the hands with dried out needles, were stared at by a handful of people and Milo had to go back for my cell phone because it fell out of my pocket. All for a photo, right?

We came home to house work and yard work but it was great because the kids pitched in. Wait for it.... without complaining. Well, just a little whining from Reed because he was in here with me and not out with Milo and the lawn mower. He's just a bit too young, ha. We all worked at getting the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned up and we headed to the park for FHE. Today was gorgeous! It was over 80 degrees and just a perfect spring day, even at 6:45. Reed was so cute, he learned how to go down the slide all by himself (we were at a small scale park) and I was right there with the camera, taking the cutest photos with NO memory card. I hate when I do that. It looks like the weather is going to hold up so we'll recreate the park experience again this week.

Thanks for these past 9 years Milo. We've come a long way with more down the road, of that I'm sure. We are being tested right now through this trial of unemployment, great things will come, I just know it. I don't know when but I know they'll come. I love you. I love you. I love you.

16 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Happy Anniversary Bushmans. Where has the time gone? You have a sweet little family and that is such a blessing. I know you have a Granny Dee Ann who loves you all so much. I don't tell either of you enough, but please be kind to one onother. That is what your Grandpa Andersen would want you to do. You climb mountains well together........ Love you, GD

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I love your Mom's advice. So simple... be kind to each other. It is harder than it sounds though.(at least for me) I know you guys will get through this trial and be stronger after it is over. Still praying for you! Love you!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great team you guys are. Happy Anniversary. I love the idea of using your fingers (and Milo's wedding ring) to show the years. (We'd have to use our toes, which is not so romantic as just fingers and wedding rings, but I think I'll borrow the idea...thanks!)

Wasn't yesterday gorgeous?

Melinda said...

I hope you had a great time. That is a really cute photo. It is crazy how fast time really does go.

Chandra said...

Happy 9th. Such a great couple. Hang in there Mel. We are about to celebrate our 24th and we have had to climb many mountains....but by climbing them hand in hand we always made it to the top and discovered glorious things along our journey.

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary! Well done, documenting it with a self portrait!

Korbi said...

We went to Tsunami's for dinner last night! It was sooo yummy, but we went with safety and ordered chicken and beef, yeah to you for telling me about Restaurant.com! :) Congrats on the lllooonnnggg marriage! :) hehe Happy Anniversary, 10th year, wow..... remember when we met at Kortni's garage sale like 5 years ago, you were where I am now...

Chad and Jaycie said...

You guys are so good together! Happy anniversary!

Kim said...

Congratulations!! That is quite an accomplishment. You guys are a great couple with a great family.

Heidi said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! Time does go by fast. Clever idea showing your rings and how long you've been married. You guys have gone through a lot and that has made you much stronger. Kudos to you for trying sushi- not my first pick. :)

donna said...

sounds like you and Milo had a wonderful Anniversary. .
Great pictures :)

becca said...

HAPPY ANIVERSARY! I love california rolls, or cruncy rolls...or really anything that is not raw. I have tried it (I love fish, shrimp etc. so much), but I just don't like it. I don't think it is the raw taste as much as it is the smell. Brandon loves shushi and now that I know I can always order rolls without raw I love it too.

I had no idea Milo was in a play!! How fun!

Very cute pictures!!

Lucy said...

Happy Anniversary (late). Sounds like a pretty cool day. I'm totally scared of sushi too and don't know if I'd be able to sacrifice a meal I liked for one so questionable.

I know it's been a hard last couple of months, but you guys look like the kind of couple who will not only manage, but come out all kinds of stronger because of it.

Cara said...

Congratulations, Melanie and Milo! It does just seem like yesterday that the two of you got married! I remember Taylor was crawling and he'll be 10 next week. Time really does fly by. I'm so glad you are part of our family, Melanie. You've been a great addition!

Shaila Lou said...

Hope you had a great anniversary! Crazy to think you're going on your 10th year! Cute self portrait. I regretted not getting one of Matt and I together on ours.

Where did that warm weather go? It's snowing here right now. I was actually think of going running this morning, until I looked outside. UGH!!

Marion said...

So, I'm a little slow at commenting on posts but I'm so glad you became a part of our family. You add your own special touch to us and we love and appreciate you! Happy Belated Anniversary!