Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's a Wrap

1. The stake production of Beauty and the Beast ended last night with a fantastic show! We are flooded with talent, I'm so impressed with everyone in the cast. Perfect casting all around. I'm so proud of Milo for getting past being self conscious and being the best bookseller ever. That's a quote from Dane, the kids loved watching him in the play. He thoroughly enjoyed himself and had fun with all the other cast members. This is going to sound creepy but the little kids had so much fun with him too. He played around with them when they were bored backstage, gave them piggybacks and teased them like no other (I'm sure all the younger siblings helped prepare him for this role, ha). They kept wanting their picture taken with him. It was adorable. In fact one girl told me that he was #1 on the awesome list. Right after she said that he did a silly victory dance and then the other girl said, now he's on the bottom of the awesome list. Ha, sorry Milo, you were demoted!

Quite a few people have asked if I was sick of it and all the practices and to be honest, the only time I really complained about it was Saturday morning when they had to go clean up and I really, really wanted to sleep in. So selfish, I know. I'm glad he had this fun distraction for the past few months with the scary reality of not having a job that we deal with every day.

2. Milo and a friend of ours have been teasing each other for months(wait, maybe it's been years) about the 'better' tractor. Of course Milo has always been a Deere man because that's what his dad farmed with but our friend Brandon is a Case man (red tractors). The other day his daughter was here getting her haircut and she sat right down on the floor and started playing with a John Deere tractor toy we have. Milo took a photo with his phone and sent it to Brandon. He said, 'Piper, don't you love that green and yellow tractor?' Kortni and I were cracking up. In the next day or so Brandon shows up with this heavy duty pedal Case tractor that his girls play with and said he was leaving it here.. He told me to tell Milo that he brought it over so our boys could play with a real tractor for once. We've had it for at least a week and ever since, Milo's been planning his next 'attack'. He came up with this one all on his own.

He said he wanted to take this pedal tractor up to the John Deere dealership here in town and take a photo with a big tractor (he was hoping this huge tractor was on the lot). And then he wanted to write on it..... SIZE matters. Definitely guy humor but Kortni and I had a good laugh as well, they are both plotting and scheming as to who it going to get it next. Another great distraction for a husband with too much time on his hands.

He had to show just how small red tractors are, ha. Oh he thought he was funny coming up with this one. In fact, he's still laughing and saying he loves his joke, ha!

We had to warn the kids to stay away from the tires, they had suspicious smelling dirt/mud/manure on them. Yuck!

I keep going back and forth with faith. Why can't my faith just stay strong? When I feel like things are 'too hard' I know it's Satan getting me down. I know he wants me feeling despair and left without hope. I know my Heavenly Father wants just the opposite for me. Hope, encouragement and love. I do have those feelings and outlook. I just don't want it going back and forth but how else will I learn? Only through my trials, I know.

15 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I STILL keep thinking about what a wonderful show Beauty and the Beast was. I am just amazed at people and their talent. I had fun watching Milo in the show, too. He was ALWAYS acting whether the spotlight was his or not. Truly, it was great.

Oh...it's going to be fun watching the tractor wars. The one Milo pulled is a good one.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Melanie,
I love you so much. You are the very, very best daughter for me. I know you are being blessed and you know it too. That's what I love about you. :o)
I'm also glad the both you and Milo know that laughter is the best medicine. You will survive and will be stronger for your patience. Love you both........

jenny said...

I bet that show was so entertaining. That photo of Milo on the tractor is a hoot.

::lindsay said...

Milo did a great job in the Beauty and the Beast. Oh, and I did think his joke with the tractors was entertaining.

Hang in there!

Holly said...

The play was fabulous...and Milo was great! We are so glad we got to see you even if just for a short time while we were there. We are praying for you like never before! Hang in there Mel. Love you!

Brenda said...

I hear you on the faith thing. Why is it so much harder to have when we need it the very most? I guess that's the real trial. We're strong women though. We can beat this! Love you!

Susan said...

Just remember Melanie, one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow. It will take care of itself.

And, sad to say, after seeing the play every night, I was ready for it to be over so I could spend some nights at home!

Barb said...

I'm totally amazed by this stake production of yours and Milo for participating. Awesome.

Heather said...

We had a great time at the show- thanks for inviting us! Mel- keep strong, and know that you are being watched over. Through our trials we are made strong. Think of how strong you are becoming! I love you guys and wish there was more I could do to help. Hang in there. P.S.- John Deere rules!

The Gang said...

I know the feeling of being unsure. I have had it quite a few times since we have been married but my faith has also grown ten fold. It WILL pay off in the end. Stay strong and keep doing the simple things-praying, reading, sacrament, and things will line up. You will be surprised when this is over how much stronger you will be, how your faith has grown, and how much more you love Milo. It happened with us and it will happen with you guys!!! :)

Shellie said...

Milo is numero uno on the awesone list, I have to agree. Sad we missed the play, but it sounds like Milo really enjoyed it. Tractor pics are great. I will have to show Jordan, he will be amused.

I think about you guys a lot and know you have the strength to get through anything. You are a tough cookie! Sorry it is not fun though!

JanaLee said...

WOW! Looks like life is keeping you very occupied! The play looks amazing!! I hear Milo did great and good for you for hanging in there through all of his practices! Tell Milo we are John Deere peeps ourselves so we are behind him and hopes he wins in the jokes. I'm praying for you and your family...all will be well...I promise. We all go through our trials, but we do learn and grow from them. In the meantime...drink a Dr.Pepper!!
Love ya,
Jana

Heidi said...

I heard the play was great and I'm glad it went so well. Too bad we couldn't see it.

Hang in there. I know it stinks and it's hard, but stay obedient and you'll be taken care of.

Shaila Lou said...

I loved the play, they all did sooo good. (Although I hate to say it, Friday night, the orchestra was pretty bad. I had to focus on the singing rather then the out of tune orchestra! Yikes!)

Milo was so proud of his "size matters" idea. He had to show it to me. I thought it was very cute! Fun times for Milo and keeping him distracted!