Thursday, April 16, 2009

Growing Boy

I can't believe that at fifteen months, this kid might eat us out of house and home. Since he has had the cast on, we've had some early morning wake up calls. Especially for this house. I think he's always been an early riser but before the cast, he had some respect for my wishes that this remain a never before 7:15 household. He would wake up, start sucking his thumb and either go back to sleep or lay there until it was time to get up. Now, not so much! It's been as early as 5:30 with not one successful attempt at getting him back to sleep. Believe me, I've tried it all. Singing, snuggling, crying... none of it worked. And in this past week, it's gone something like this with his attitude the moment he wakes up. 'Take me to my highchair, stuff me full of food or I will scream at the top of my lungs and wake the other children!' So what do we do.... we cater to him of course.

This is his 'sweet' face after he ate 10 animal graham cookies (to calm the beast while the toast was still toasting), a piece of buttered toast, 2 normal size pancakes with syrup and a bowl of dry cereal! I know he wanted a yogurt but honestly, I was tired of feeding him! I'm guessing we're on our way to a growth spurt. I'm just crossing my fingers he still wants to suck his thumb and go back to sleep once he gets this cast off. I know the odds are slim but I can't give up hope yet!

Tonight was Nathan's last soccer game for the season. This photo shows him in action, going after the ball, something he wasn't doing most of the game. He has been dead, dead tired today after going to the play again last night and it showed in his desire to play tonight. Instead of going after the ball, he watched as the other team scored many goals and after each of their goals, he hung his head. We came home from the game, I put him in the shower, they got dressed in pj's and all 4 kids were in bed by 7:20. And when all of them were asleep in less than 15 minutes, you know they were tired!

Here's hoping tomorrow starts and ends on a better note. No more tired kids and no more tired mama!

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can't believe Reed ate that much. Way to go kid!

donna said...

what a great action shot of Nathan.

OH poor Reed.:)

becca said...

Oh, Reed is just so cute! I love that little face!

Brody can out eat both my girls (it's crazy...where do they put it all), but I think Reed has him beat! Wow!

Kristin said...

There's no way with those sweet cheecks that is anything but an ANGEL!ha!

Heidi said...

Holy cow! That is a lot of food. He must be going through a growth spurt. You get the chub and we get the bulimic, great...

Granny DeeAnn said...

Holy Cow is right! He will be as big a me before long! I can't have that! Reed slow down! Your mommy needs a baby for a little while longer! :o)

Dustin and Tara said...

Your post made me laugh. Ya, I don't do well before 6:00 a.m. I would be trying everything too. And ya, we cater a lot to Kyden too. What else do you do....they have a mind of their own. You are probably glad soccer is done. On to swimming lessons:)!

Becky Noftle said...

5:30--remember in the good 'ole college days when that was bed time?!

Shaila Lou said...

Okay, beside Dane, why did you get such great eaters. Instead I get picky, barely touch the food, kids. Winston will barely eat anything anymore, so I push the whole milk on him. I don't know what to do. He also get bored of the same ol' everyday! UGH!!

LOVE the shot of Nathan. You should frame that and put it in his room for him. He looks so cool! Love that kid. Tell him his AUNTIE LOU loves him, not Aunt Shaila! Haha!