Milo and I had a great day at the temple (back on 4/1). And even though we love the kids to pieces, we loved some time together as well. We have all sorts of together time in the trenches right now with him not working but it's not the same as couple time. A huge thanks goes out to my cousin Becky. She took on all four kids along with her 5. They had a blast! This was what Reed was doing when we got to her house to pick them up, he's a one year old rocker. An adorable rocker at that too. Kat ended up sleeping over, Dane bawled his head off when we left (totally predictable) and all 4 had the time of their lives. I'm pretty sure they wish I were more laid back like Becky. Hey, it's one of my wished too! Thanks again Beck!
Friday of spring break we trekked down to my grandma's house. She was in need of a perm and with the kids out of school, it was easier for me to perm it at her house. The kids love to roam free at her house. She lives out in the country and they get filthy every time we go there. When the perm was processing, I roamed around and found a bit of spring. Look close, there is a bee inside the flower. Anything for a photo because I hate bees!
My grandma is a funny lady. She loves (that's an understatement) to have things done for her. It's something we all love but what's different with my grandma is she thinks you love to do them for her, her way. She had some ground beef in the fridge and said she planned on making spaghetti sauce to freeze so she could have some easy meals once she made the pasta. I offered to make the sauce for her, she was really tired from.... I can't remember what. Anyway, she said (and I'm quoting), 'Well, you can help me make the sauce if you make it my way and just how I tell you to do it'! It was so funny and so her. It's really quite annoying to have her stand right next to you as you brown meat for the umpteenth time but whatever makes her happy. I added tomato juice, canned tomatoes, vinegar, Lawry's seasoning (Only Lawry's seasoning and she can only buy it at one store in WA, a town over an hour away. Again, so her), salt, pepper, more tomato juice, water, etc. What it boiled down to was that when she kept tasting it, something wasn't quite right. She is never one to dole out compliments about other people's cooking and she didn't this time either. Instead, she just said, 'It's ok, I'll just doctor it up when I go to eat it'. I just thought it was so funny.I'm mad I didn't take photos of what the kids kept themselves busy with. They were playing with the leftover siding from the house project last summer. It was new siding and nail free so I felt a little safer letting them have at it as a toy. They stacked it into 'birdhouses' and made a huge teepee out of the longer planks that they could go in and out of. I'm not ratting them out if some of those boards are going to be used for something else but they also made teeter totters, figured out how to jump really hard on them and break them in half and spread them all over the yard. Their projects were without anything to keep the boards stuck together but their fantastic imagination. It was adorable and I'm so glad they had fun playing.
Last week it was back to school and routine as we get around here with 2 parents home all day, everyday. We have been having some late nights because Milo is in our stake's production of Beauty and the Beast. They have had practice every week night except Monday last week, a really long practice on Saturday and a performance every night this week. It's bigtime around here when something cool goes on. He's the bookseller in the beginning and a cast member in a few songs and does such a great job. Our stake is full (!) of amazingly talented people and they pulled off another stellar show (remember last year was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. We went last night as an FHE dress rehearsal and it was so good.
The sets look so professional and are simply amazing. These photos do not do them justice at all! Gaston is played by Milo's cousin, Kyle and LeFou is played by my cousin, David. They are a perfect pair. David is such a ham, I loved watching him and so did the kids.
Milo has been getting teased about his 'red smoking jacket'. They've been calling him Hef, the man in charge of bunnies (avoiding Google searches, ha). My friend said that when the play's over, Hef wants his jacket back. The kids loved him in the red jacket, they said he's easy to find on stage. It's been really fun to see this part of Milo. I encouraged him to try out. He almost didn't go. With him not working right now, it's been such a good thing. He's been working at something, getting annoyed with people that he doesn't live with, he's been having fun with family and friends and he's been doing something other than worrying. I think he might actually miss it when it's over. But then again, maybe not.I'm hoping for some better photos next time I go. I was working with my settings and not knowing exactly where to put them and where people would be on the stage so sometimes I didn't get what I wanted. Crossing my fingers for better luck next time.
11 comments:
I LOVE your trips and stories of your grandma's house. I'm glad you can laugh at her idiosyncrasies.
The play was INCREDIBLE. I loved watching for Milo, too. He was easy to spot AND he was fun to watch even when he didn't think anyone was watching him. What wonderful talent. I didn't know Gustan and his sidekick (I've lost his name) were your guys' cousins. They were GREAT. It was just the best...everybody was so good. I'm blown away by all the talent and the vision it takes to pull something like this off. Tell Milo thanks for giving the rest of us something to enjoy.
Please direct Reed to the Michael Buble side of the music world. Grandma has a hard time with "ROCK." He is going to be a ham just like his brothers. Grandma..... what can I say other than we all feel your pain! She is one of a kind that's for sure. The play looks like it was a hit. Moses is good at doing that side of the arts. I can remember being in a couple and they stay with you forever. I wish I could have seen it.
How fun for Milo! Our stake did plays when I was growing up but no one does anything like that any more.
You are so nice to help your grandma out so much. I am sure she really appreciates it.
Awesome that Milo is doing the play! Good for him for getting out there, trying out, and doing it! I hope you get lots of great photos. It looks really well done. I really want my husband to get back on stage.
LOL. What will we do without Grandma? Seriously.
I hear everyone did a great job in the play. I wish I could have been there!
I've given Trevor the job of tearing out and re-seeding the backyard to keep him busy, but Milo's way sounds like more fun. His wife is nicer than Trevor's:)
That spaghetti sauce sounds gross! She'll have to doctor it up a lot. hee hee.
I SO wish we could see the play. It sounds awesome and I know it is a good play. Kyle needs to get out of the house so maybe I'll sign him up for a play. HA! Could you imagine that??
Aunt Marilyn says if you couldn't feel the little puffs of her breath on your cheek it doesn't count!!! Ha ...and no Heidi I can't imagine Kyle in a musical!! Maybe Shrek! Ha, ha
OH how sweet you were able to help your Grandma. Grandmas are wonderful.:)
I wish we could have made it. It looks like it went really well. Kathrine made me smile today in Primary, you could tell she was SOOO proud of her own Dad being in a play and that she could watch him!
Grandma, Grandma, Grandma.....
Thanks so much for inviting us ALL to the play. My kiddos loved seeing Milo and David too. It was sooo impressive what a good job they all did. And I truly would take your kids anytime--just don't be under the false impression that they are constantly supervised I'm more of an "overseer" type mother!!
Love Reed rocking it. So cute!
Love the pictures you captured of spring. Your Grandma stories are always good for a laugh.
I'm finally caught up with your blog. Now I'm ready for the tulip post!!
Post a Comment