I......
- have no photos for this post.
- can't believe Reed is already using his cast as a weapon. This morning he was crashing it down on Dane's head.
- think it's funny Milo is helping with the clogging fundraiser. Right now he's unloading 3,000 pounds of frozen cookie dough. So much for people's diets, ha.
- am loving this weather. Sunshine is good for the soul.
- love that Reed went down for a nap today without crying for a long time. The first time since Monday. He misses his thumb in a big way.
- don't like that Reed can't settle himself down in the early morning now because he's without his thumb. Dumb cast, we were all up before 6am. Not good around this house! I feel a nap coming on when I stop typing.
- was watching Finding Nemo by 6:30 this morning. Don't judge.
- feel frustrated that we still haven't found a job for Milo. Heard of any lately?
- am not of fan of being in limbo, it's stressful.
- can't believe how fast time goes by. Honestly, 8 weeks on Friday since the job loss. 8 weeks!
- know I'm being taught patience, long suffering, humility. Among many other traits I have a long, long way to go on. Why am I such a hard headed student?
- feel bad Dane missed his last soccer game last night. He's been feeling crummy for a couple days and has only eaten toast and sips of water and Sprite. You know (!) he's sick if he turns down his precious oatmeal. He's back to about half of his normal sass and energy today and I'm crossing my fingers no one else gets it. And I'm pumping him full of food, he needs donuts!
- need to learn to not take on days and days at a time. Sometimes it's hour by hour (minute by minute) that gets me through. Why focus on all the days?
- just heard the washer finish. Time to switch loads.
- want my Easter to center around Elder Jeffery R. Holland's talk from the Sunday morning session of General Conference. You can read it tomorrow here.
- am done with this post for now. I had so much more when I was writing it in my head late last night and early this morning. It's gone now.
{after dinner edition}
- think begging/crying for Nemo and getting it is a major skill for the one year old around here. I'm ashamed to admit we're watching the first part again for the 3rd time today. I give up on feeling bad when I tell myself he hasn't gotten through the whole thing each watching. That's a good thing, right?
- am so happy that Dane is feeling better. For dinner he ate a big helping of the Mexican Lasagna I made. Then he asked for a bowl of the precious oatmeal and a piece of toast. He finished all of it but the toast. So grateful his appetite is back, he's skinny enough without eating for two days!
- finally got brave enough to give Reed a bath with his dang cast. I bathed him standing up in the sink. He thought it was so strange and I love that he finally smells better. Not that he was disgusting, just a freshly bathed baby is the best smell.
- can't wait for the kids to go to bed tonight. I'm painting the kids bathroom with a generous offering of free paint from a great friend. Thanks friend (...she lurks...).
12 comments:
The job thing...stinks! My brother has been out of work since November and it,a a hard thing to watch. They have great faith too and I know that both of you are learning some valuable life experiences
What kind of job is Milo looking for? My BIL Kirk moved up to Washington in Aug and just got a job last week. It has been a very stressful time for them as well. I will KEEP your family in my prayers.:)
((((BIG Hug))))
PS oh i love the frozen cookie dough. YUMMY!
I.... need to steal this post idea. Such a good way to get out so many thoughts.
8 weeks! I'm sorry. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful. I had a "this stinks" cry for a few minutes today. I am a minute by minute learner too.
Mel- thanks for sharing all your thoughts with us. We have Milo in our prayers- and know you will be blessed for your perserverance and faith. Know that we love you and think your little family is very special. Hang in there. Hopefully we can come visit this weekend- or you can come to good ol' Royal any time! We'll be there until Wed. of next week. Love ya!
I am sorry there hasn't been a job yet. That has got to be so hard.
Yea for a bath for Reed. I love freshly bathed kids. This was a great post. Good luck!
I should paint. It makes me feel like the whole room is cleaner. BTW, there is nothing wrong with watching a movie 3 times in one day, especially if there are sick and disabled children in the house! Thanks for the insight into your mind! We have you in our thoughts and prayers!
I can't wait to see the bathroom!
Since Reed loves Nemo so much, I tried turning it on for Winston. He didn't last 2 seconds, but the big kids last the whole thing.
I can't believe it's really been 8 weeks already. I'm really thinking about you guys all the time. I feel guilty for feeling down and out, I don't know how you're doing it. I love you guys so much and I constantly have you on my mind!
What color?
Way to go with painting the bathroom. Is it a fun color? You'll have to post pictures.
I'm glad oatmeal Dane is feeling better. I think it's funny you can judge how he's feeling by how much oatmeal he eats. ha!
Oh man, yes the job thing totally stinks! I wish I had an answer for you guys.
The cast thing would be annoying, but I guess you can think of it as an early way of getting rid of thumb sucking. My daughter did that until we took a bear away at the age of 5.
Hope you guys have a better weekend (perhaps you could try hercules??) Just kidding. Big hugs!
8 weeks....that is a long time to be in limbo, I am so sorry. I can't imagine how difficult that must be!!
This post was great, and I agree, taking it hour by hour (or minute by minute) is so much better than trying to take on a week (or even a day) at a time. Reed cracks me up! I love that he loves Finding Nemo so much. Brody won't watch TV, except in the car...when he won't stop grunting until we turn it on, and instead turns is off when his sisters are watching. He thinks it is hilarious. They. do. not.
Oh dear. I sympathize with the frustrations of having a cast! And paying for it! I hope it goes well. I know those first few days are particularly hard. I broke my wrist as a toddler and it took me two days of crying for my mom to realize she had to take me to the doctor for a cast. :-)
I definitely think you are on to something with the minute-by-minute focus. I feel that I too am being very stubborn as I'm supposed to be learning long suffering and humility. Hang in there. I'm sorry about the job frustrations!
Post a Comment