He was all smiles in the lobby as an older couple kept making eyes at him. He was flirting right back too, they were loving it. I'll admit, he was the cutest thing in the waiting room! When we first got in the room, he sat and looked around but once she put the cotton sleeve on his arm, he was not a happy camper. He was roaring mad at me and kept crying and pointing at the door to leave. I'm glad his back was to me because the alligator tears were too much! As it was drying, I put him on this chair and tried to snap a few photos and at first he wouldn't even look at me.
But once I flashed a bag of fruit snacks his way, he kindly obliged.
And enjoyed two bags while we waited for the cast to dry. So glad they were in my purse.
I asked the nurse to take a photo of Reed and I (with more wrinkes and a bigger double chin compared to Dane's post, ugh ) not realizing the creepy skeleton would be in our background. They've dressed him in a scarf, hat and he has 10 different casts on to inform you of your color choices. What a display. Hopefully we just need it on for two weeks and we'll be done with casts for awhile. Thank heavens babies heal fast.Oh and he's getting really good at yelling, 'Ma! Ma! Ma!'. In fact he's doing it right now for another movie. I guess I'm at his beck and call, this boy has an opinion!
17 comments:
Oh, what a day! He looks so cute with his little blue cast on. How long does it need to be on? I can just picture him now hitting it on things to make noise...that's what Emma would do anyway. We love you guys! Give all the kids hugs for us!
His cast is the same as mine--except mine is pink. Oh, how I wish I was a baby with a broken arm and not the mom! ;) Two weeks! Yeah, I definitely wish I was a baby!
Man, it's so so sad, but oh how cute he looks with it. I can't wait to hear of the adventures from this. Love ya guys, I'm thinking about you a lot!
Oh poor Boy!!!! I hope the cast doesn't have to be on long!
Oh ho, that skeleton in the background is perfect. I don't see more wrinkles OR chin. I think you're delirious from spring break.
Oh Melanie! What a story! He looks so cute, and pathetic all at the same time. I hope he handles it well!
The important question is...does he have access to his thumb again? I'm so stressed about that. May the movies be long and the weeks be short!
What a cutie pie!! Such a brave boy. You are a great mom!! Jacy had a bladder infection for about three months. I bought her love (a new cell phone) to make me feel better!! Now the bathing a toddler with a cast BEGINS!!! Good luck!!! Lisa
that is a creepy skeleton....
Poor Baby! He needs his Grandma Dee Ann..... That is if she survives the two that are here now! Ha Reed, you look good in blue. Take care of my baby! XOXOXOXOXO GD
Poor little guy! At least he's done with crawling. And not too old that it looks weird when you help him eat:)
I laughed out loud at the creepy skeleton in the background. I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it but then it was so funny to me.
Hope he heals fast.
Oh my! Why are little kid casts so cute... it really cancels out how sad it is that they are hurt. I hope he heals fast and doesn't do too much damage with the cast!
Poor Reed! How sad! I hope it goes well for you both.
Only 2 weeks??? Woohoo!!! That will go by fast- good.
What a sweet boy he is! I am glad the cast will only be on for a short time....he looks so dang cute!!
That is sad and cute all at the same time. I guess that is what happens to be the mom of boys. He is so cute!
Oh, melanie! We all have incidents as mothers that makes us feel guilty...don't kick yourself over it. Look on the bright side...1.he looks so cute in the pictures with his blue cast and when he gets older will love how you tell him how tough he was. 2. it's one way to get him out of the habit of sucking his thumb (even though you're the one who suffers for it. 3. he'll love that it brings him more attention as people pour out sympathy when they see him. I went through the same thing with Dylan...he'd broken his elbow and Alan and I both thought he was okay and it was just sprained...we waited and I finally took him in and it was chipped. He was young but said "I told you it was broke Mommy." in front of the doctor! Did I feel like a neglectful mom and the doctor looked at me like I was! Hang in there with everything else. It is true that when you feel you are not strong enough to make it, you find the strength and it makes you stronger. The light will come, I promise...I'm sure you can see it in your children's eyes, too. Love you!! (you guys are in my prayers.)
Post a Comment