I've been away again. I haven't been in Hawaii (not surprising..... boo) and I haven't been having meltdowns (woohoo). It's just the daily grind around here without much to blog about. Well there is blogging material, I just haven't been making the time or giving the effort. My 'posting time' seems to be filled with the noise of distracting TV, little hands on the computer or just plain lack of motivation to get it done. In my head, I'm still blogging as much as I used to. I can't give it up, I love my blog book too much to not make another one so I need more posts. I'm going to work on that, really I am.
I do have to leave a funny from the day. This morning I put Reed on the scale because quite a few people have mentioned how heavy he feels when they pick him up and I was curious to see if he's gotten bigger. He weighed in at 28.8 lbs! Pretty sure he's the biggest of the other boys at 18 months, he loves his carbs and candy. Anyway, today I took my grandma to Walmart (see all the fun 'outings' I've been on) and as we were walking in she tells me she can't believe he's such a big kid. I was laughing and said, 'I know, he's close to 30 lbs already!' And then without even thinking she says this back...... 'I don't know how you stay plump hauling him around all day, if I had to do it, I think I'd be skinny.' She said that. Seriously!!!
My grandma has no filter and says what's on her mind, not even for a second thinking she's saying something rude. I'm not offended or mortally wounded. In fact, I think it's pretty funny because DUH, I know I'm plump, I'm just not used to people telling me as we walk into a store! I'm hoping, no praying, that I never, ever get that bold or rude and lose my filter. Oh grandma what fun times we'll have with you living in my town and in my ward (a post of it's own for sure!!). Pray for me people, she's healthy!

20 comments:
I am cracking up Mel. That is soooo Grandma! I remember once in H.S I tried on my new cheerleader outfit for her and she told me I should consider losing a few pounds before the season started. YIKES! That was when I weighed like 95 lbs! Gotta love her anyway! It was so great to see you!
Well if that's the case, I should be one skinny girl too. Jonas is only a few pounds lighter than Reed (and only 11 months ). Don't send your Grandma to visit me-she'll have a lot to say!! I'm glad to see you posting again-I was starting to worry!
"Pray for me people, she's healthy!" Oh-ho, that's a funny one Mel. You have wit without the acid!
OH, that's funny! What is is about getting older and losing your filter. it happens to so many people. We say we won't, but just watch...we'll end up saying the same type things.
Melanie, you are hilarious! I love how you end your blog. I think someone in our family has the same filtration problem (you do her hair every 4-6 weeks)! I will pray for you and if you don't end up with any friends in the ward after she moves in at least you have family!
Oh Grandma. I can actually hear her saying it. She's unreal that one. Everytime I hear another story about her, I think "she can get any worse," but it always does. We should start a book of Grandma quotes. It would be a good read.
my grandma said to me "why, Korbi, you still look as though we are going to have another baby, are you sure you aren't pregnant?" yeah, funny, old lady... :) gotta love em!
Too funny! What will my kids and grandkids say about me OR DO THEY ALREADY? And Cara's comment...I'm glad she wrote it and not me! Please smack me when I start to show the "signs"!!
Your grandma sounds a lot like my Mother :)
That is too funny! Sounds like you're going to have a lot of funny stories to tell.
That is HILARIOUS!!! I'm glad you were thinking it's funny. What a crack up. Love your ending too. You are funny.
Trust me Mel, I've heard it all before. "No you're not at fat as her, you're just shaped different!" Just remember she really has no filter, doesn't even have a clue what one is, and she has been this way for 85 years. Please always keep your sense of humor cause that's what gets you through life!!!
I guess I owe you an apology Mel. I took G-ma to her Dr. appt and was feeling pretty good about how well she's been doing since moving to Moses Lake. Then I read your blog... I'm so sorry- but look on the bright side, this will provide lots of entertaining blog topics for you!! As if four kids weren't enough..
Seriously... awesome post. I love the Hawaii disclaimer and the grandma story is the best! Why is the filter one of the first things to go?
I'm glad you are trying to get back into the blogging groove. I just can't give up the journal but it feels so hard lately. I feel your pain.
Too funny about your grandma! My 5 year old has the same problem, says whatever she feels! It can be embarrassing!
Oh I bet Reed is SO CUTE! I love the chubby stages! :)
My d.h. says that losing his filter is one of the things he is looking forward to most in his old age. I hope I die first.
Oh, I feel your pain. I have a nana the same way. She used to tell me, are you sure you aren't pregnant?! But I would cry every time. I am not as strong.
Oh yea, haven't been to Hawaii either. We just don't vacation.
My grandma used to comment on my weight. I knew when I was looking better b/c she would let me know right away. But I guess it's lucky she didn't comment when I wasn't. So funny.
Summertime is a hard blogging time. So many people to entertain!
Oh my goodness, what a comment from your grandma! It makes for excellent blog fodder, even if it is a bit scaring.
Oh dear!! You are a better woman than I, Melanie. I think I might cry. Your last line made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment