All last week Nathan and Kathryn were involved with 'Broadway Camp' at my friend's preschool. It was so great, a huge thank you to those that spent time with these kids! They taught them songs from Mary Poppins and threw in a few dance numbers, it was adorable. Plus it took our kid load down to half and made for some pretty easy mornings (they were gone from 9-12:30). They sang 4 different songs and to say they had a good time would be an understatement!
In 'Spoonful of Sugar' Kat was a doll and Nathan was a soldier. This is after 'Step in Time', I loved their little dance moves, they were so serious about each one.
Kathryn was a reporter that interviewed Mary Poppins after winning the horse race. She was a very serious interviewer (and Mary looks a little distracted, ha!).
Nathan was the drummer in Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. The guy that says.....'One night I said it to me girl and now me girl's me wife. Ow, and a lovely thing she is too.' He said it with such fervor! It was pretty hard for his to say me instead of my each time but once we convinced him he was English, he got it down. This isn't the greatest blurry photo but I wasn't in a great spot but still had to add it, he had the whole room laughing.On Sunday I was released from my primary calling as the 2nd counselor. Our whole presidency was released and while I got teary and was a little sad, I'm ready to get a jump start in a new calling. Definitely a happy/sad moment even though I knew it was coming. They gave me a doosey of a new calling though, teaching Sunday School to the 12-13 yr olds. Wow, I hope I can handle middle school age kids.
This week has been more of the same. Milo and kids at the pool (their tans are ridiculous), Mom and I cleaning up or taking on a project (or two). We love having her visit. She reads to the kids, wrestles with them (only Dane and Reed now, Nathan might break her back!), curls Kathryn's hair, spoils them and cooks for all of us. It's almost like a vacation right here at home! Note to self, get the camera out more!
More fun happening this weekend, I can't wait! (real fun, not the sarcastic kind of fun).
9 comments:
"sarcastic kind," Melanie, you are too much! :) Glad you are having a fun mini vacation. How come nobody told me that Seattle doesn't believe in air conditioning? are they nuts?!%?!!
Oh man, Broadway Camp sounds like a great idea. Tell Nathan not to forget his lines till I come to your house so I can hear them.
Ahhh, you'll do GREAT with 12-13 year olds. Remember how much your beehives loved (and still do) you?
Broadway Camp is brilliant! A lot of work for somebody, but brilliant fun for the kids.
I hate paying for a service and then not being satisfied with the result. Don't even talk to me about the haircut I got yesterday. Let's just say that I wish you were in town and could (try to) fix it for me!
Hey Melanie! Me and Milo, kicking it at the pool! I've seen him and the kids there, but I become totally reclusive there (if that's possible) and just read my book. It's awesome.
I love when the kids are all gone out of the house in the summer. Last week, Lilly, Megan and Zoey were all gone working, and it was just me and Tess. So quiet. So peaceful.
Enjoy the fun coming up!
Broadway Camp sounds great! MY boys would love that.
OH congrats on your new calling. You will do a wonderful JOB! :)
From experience I can tell you that I'd much rather teach the 12-13 year olds' Sunday School than, say, the 16-17. At 12 they're still excited to be out of Primary, and they still want to please you. Much less snottiness going on in that age group. I'm sure you'll love it and do great!
Wow, a change in the primary presidency so close to the primary program, what's up with that?
I think teaching the 12/13 year old Sunday School class is pretty fun, plus you get to go to Relief Society, it's a cushy job!
That's a pisser about your pedicure, I think you should go back and get it fixed.
I hate when I get a bad pedicure. They are way too much money to have a crappy one.
Nathan and Kathryn looked so cute! I would have loved to have watched it, without my kids there that is.
I don't know if you have a less stressful calling or not. So hard to teach Sunday School to that age!
Post a Comment