Saturday was a family reunion on Milo's side and it was at the water park here in town. It wasn't until a few days before that I started to panic on how I was going to keep Reed's cast dry and keep him out of the water. Anna and I trekked out of town to get one we thought might work. I came right home and tried it out. Well he wasn't having any of that either, he ripped it right off! It did get a little wet at the pool but it wasn't soaking so I didn't really worry about it.The next day we also had a family day. We went to church with Marion, took family photos at the park (will post some when they get passed around), went back had a great dinner and just hung out. We made quick attempt at getting just one with just the kids. Don't you love how well it worked out? Reed was over any more photos to put it mildly, it was hot and he wanted to run as fast as he could to the playground. I knew I was pushing my luck but tried anyway. Stupid, I know it never works. (Monday was family hangover day. Not in a bad way, we had a great couple days, we were all just very, very tired) Anyway, Sunday I noticed that Reed's cast had slipped and his fingers were pretty much missing except for the very tips. I ended up taking him in yesterday to the on call doctor and he said it needed to be replaced but while it was off, let's x-ray it and see where we stand. Turns out, it probably wasn't broken at all but since it wasn't really clear they casted it anyway. I was so happy his little fingers slipped and a new cast didn't have to go back on. Finally, he can have a normal bath and get back to the pool!
I wish I would have gotten a photo of him leaving the doctor's office. He held his cast up to his ear and talked the whole way down the hall pretending it was his cell phone. Every person he walked past he would say Hi, Hi, Hi. It was adorable. I tried all day to recreate him talking on the phone but we all know who's in charge around here and since he didn't feel like talking on his cast phone, he didn't!
Instead, I got a couple other photos and even if they're a bit blurry, I love how he's playing with the dang thing. Here he was playing piano with it and watching Sesame Street and above he's making that cute, silly face.Actually our whole weekend was nonstop and I should post about each day but I'm feeling pretty good with this attempt considering the lack of posting that's gone on this summer. Anyway, on Friday night our ward was having a campout. We weren't planning on camping with the reunion being the next day but we went for the potluck that night. It turned out to be great food, the weather was perfect for the kids to run and play and we didn't have to end the night sleeping in a tent.
Right before we get ready to leave Dane comes up to me just bawling. I notice how dirty his shirt is. I'm not lying when I say it's normal for his clothes to be this covered in dirt, mud, food(!), whatever it is, he's our messy kid. Then I noticed the tear and he came unglued. I didn't care at all about that either. This is a hand me down shirt from some older cousins that made it through them, then Nathan and it finally fit Dane. It had a good life, no fretting over it. But that's just the reason Dane lost it, he wanted one of the 'big boys' shirts. He cried all 25 minutes home, begging me to sew it back together 'like this' (showing me where to put the fabric back together). I can mend but not that good!And the best news of all....... Granny DeeAnn is coming tomorrow night!! We haven't seen my mom since New Year's and it's been way, way too long. She's used to a quiet house so I hope she's been mentally preparing for her extended stay with us because it's definitely not quiet around here.
14 comments:
cute pictures!
Glad to hear that Reeds cast was able to come off. NOW lets hope there will be NO more cast anytime soon! :)
I can't beleive Reed had to have another cast! Poor kid. Yesterday Ryan hurt his ankle and I thought I was going to have to take Ryan in but he is walking better this morning.
That attempt at a picture of the kids is great, it's totally frame-worthy!
I'm so glad the cast came off with another month of summer left to enjoy. Your life will be easier now, woohoo!
That black cast looks nothing but cool. And yeah for grandma's coming to town! Ours comes in 8 days:)
Right as I was leaving the picnic I heard Dane freaking out about his shirt. I almost peed my pants laughing so hard. I thought he had broken his leg or something! I thought, oh no... poor Mel, another cast. Thank goodness it was just a shirt.
I can picture Dane saying "like this." Beck says it all the time, like i can fix things out of thin air???? ahah! Congrats on cast goodbyes!!! Keep them away. :)
Hooray for being able to take baths and swim! No one should have to have a cast on in the summer.
Hooray cast #2 is off! Lets keep our fingers crossed there is no cast #3!! Hooray for Granny coming...we were in Vegas and called her and she never called me back...tell her she is in trouble! Miss you guys TONS already!
2 posts in 2 days. Did I read that right? ;) Happy for Reed. And you! Cute pictures. I really like the one of Jayni! Glad you had fun! And just for the record I have friends who always take their boys camping starting at birth. One time she went when her 4th was only a month old. Craziness! I'm glad you got out there AND had some fun!
No, it is not quiet around your house! What a busy busy summer! Reed is a crack up! I absolutely LOVE that picture of the kids. I am with JIll, totally "frame-worthy"! And a black cast is VERY cool looking! I am glad he didn't need another one!
I think the picture of just the kids at the top is classic. Why do we never frame photos like that and hang them on the walls? It certainly is more realistic than the perfectly posed family portraits that we normally choose! ;)
Sounds like a fun weekend. Have fun with your mom!
That's so great that Reed's cast is off! No more ducking when he's around.
I think your Mom will have a BIG family hangover by the time her vacay is up. :)
Haha, talking on his cast phone! Man I've missed out on a lot not reading blogs. I have to be better.
I really wonder how Dane got such a huge tear in his shirt, it's a good one!
Post a Comment