Friday, August 28, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I'm craving a routine around here in a big way. I love the laid back summer days until this part of the summer rolls around. This summer has flown byOnly a few more days until the kids start school and the anticipation of getting that routine up and going is killing me. I'm excited and tired all at once.

{Had to post this for my dental hygienist sil, Heidi. I know she'll appreciate his funky teeth, ha!}

2. We went to the dentist yesterday and left with 2 cavity free kids (Dane and Kathryn) and 2 more appointments to get teeth pulled in 3 weeks (Nathan and Kathryn). Kat need some pulled for overcrowding and Nathan is saying goodbye to his fused baby teeth (and 2 cavities because he doesn't floss!). The new permanent teeth are not fused, hallelujah, but they can't push out the baby teeth on their own. In fact, they've only eroded half of the enormous roots on those teeth. And they've done that fairly fast, 6 months ago those roots were double in size, width wise. He's so excited to have his teeth pulled at the dentist. Not sure why, maybe he thinks he'll get more money? On that note since he has 2 sets of fused teeth, does the tooth fairy leave $$ for 4 teeth or just 2?

3. I've canned peaches for the past few years and they are always ripe and ready the first week of school. Always. I thought with school being late this year, I might get to can them before the chaos of the first week but I was wrong. No such luck, even the peach trees want me busy that week. A messy, sticky kitchen the first week of school.

4. Kathryn and Nathan started soccer this past week. So far, so good. Kat hasn't played before and the first practice she was really frustrated with all the work and running. She's improved in just 3 practices and we really like her coach so it should be a good season. Nathan has a new coach as well and we like him too. Not much goofing off for them this season, they run laps and I think it's great! Dane will start in a few weeks and then it will be 3 kids, 3 different teams. So glad the seasons aren't too long.

5. I'm have been so out of the blogging scene this summer. I've really missed reading/commenting/catching up with everyone. Yet another reason I want (need!) my routine back.... my scheduled blogging time!

11 comments:

michelle said...

Those are some funky teeth alright! I think the tooth fairy should definitely pay for 4!

Good luck with getting back to school and canning, all at the same time.

Chandra said...

I'm sticking up for Nathan. He should get paid for 4 teeth. Stick a girl's lunch somewhere in that routine.

Melinda said...

Ash had two teeth fused together. They did come out on their own though. I was grateful the new ones weren't fused together. We did pay her for 2 teeth.

Good luck with all of that canning and getting back into school. It is so nice to have the routine back and I am able to get back on the computer more.

Jill said...

That x-ray is crazy!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Four teeth? That's crazy. Of course the tooth fairy needs to leave money for all. Mortgage your house!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

When I saw the xray I couldn't figure out if it was a hand or bear paw. I'm glad you helped me see it was fused teeth.

Peaches are not predictable, are they? Neither are pears. Have fun with a sticky kitchen. Ours was sticky this week.

I've missed you. Can't wait to catch up again.

donna said...

I am going to Ryan the x-rays of the funky teeth.:)

Heidi said...

Awww... Thanks for posting that x-ray. I have never seen that in practice- only when learning about it in hygiene school. It's cool to see. I love that Nathan is so excited to get them out. And he totally should get paid for 4 teeth. How lucky is he???!

Lucy said...

We have plenty of teeth issues over here! That is a funky Xray though!

I really mourned school starting for the first week, but now it feels good. You're right, it's much easier to get into the swing of things with that regular schedule to plan around. Plus, you need to come back to blogging;)

becca said...

I didn't know the teeth could be fused?! Crazy! I'm glad the big ones aren't!

I hear you on the routine. I love summer, love the lazy days (I am such a homebody), but I also LOVE routine and know that as soon as we start school (next week) I will be loving it....even if I dread it now :)

Shaila Lou said...

Love the xray, Nathan is crazy for being excited to get them pulled! I think the tooth fairy shouldn't punish him for having fused teeth, it not his fault! The tooth fairy might even think they're worth even extra, since they are such a unique thing!!