We started school this week and had our traditional letter pancakes for breakfast. Reed had his first letter pancake in a mini version but he wouldn't settle for his not having chocolate chips. It's funny to me he knows what the good stuff is already. He ate the whole thing no problem and wanted more chocolate.Nathan and Kathryn started 2nd and 3rd grade on Wednesday. I'm so excited for this year. They both have excellent teachers that want to, really want to be there teaching my kids. Teachers that give it their all are priceless. Their teachers are best friends and run their classrooms very similar. Great for me with the homework schedule and such. I want to send them a note telling them how excited I am for all the kids are going to learn this year but I don't know, is that weird?
This was the first year that Kat showed excitement in picking out her outfit. And it didn't take her 30 minutes, another first. The best part was when I asked how she wanted me to do her hair. She said ringlets all over with a big poof on top. Hello, I don't have 45 minutes in the morning! She's never had real opinions on that either so this girl just might be coming into her own. She loves school and learning so starting back up has made her month. Lots of good kids in her class too, another plus.
Nathan looks just like Kat did last year, all smiles with no teeth. He has been so excited to get 'skater shoes' this year. He's been wearing them nonstop for the past couple weeks. I don't know many kids in his class but he usually gets along with all kids and most of the time, helps the underdog. Love that about him.
Dane started kindergarten today, on his 6th birthday. He's been asking everyday since Saturday why it was taking so long for him to go to kindergarten. One morning he woke me up before 6 to ask. Not good! We requested the teacher Nathan had for kinder and we love her. Again, a priceless teacher. He's on a different schudule than the other kids and with budget cuts no all day everyday is being offered. He's going to be going all day, every other day. Two days one week, three the next. It's not ideal but with his teacher I know he's thrive. She's that amazing! We fought a bit this morning over wearing a 'collared shirt', he does not like them and it's too bad because he looks adorable in them. He was straight off to his desk this morning and I had to call his name to have him look back at me. I started to feel emotional but was quickly distracted as Reed ran around the room looking balls to throw. I grabbed him and left before I could be too sad at how fast the last 6 years have gone. So, so fast.
{Nathan loves to thumb wrestle and when my mom and I saw this shirt, we died laughing and knew he had to have it. It's his favorite shirt and for some reason, cracks me up.}Reed was so happy to walk them all in again today. He skipped along, went right to the ball bin and walked around Dane's classroom like he owned it. Nathan and Kathryn walked around the corner and he started yelling, 'Guys, guys' (one of his newest words) as they walked away. He was slightly distracted until we left Dane in his room and they he yelled 'Guys!' the entire way out to the van. One teacher heard him and tried telling him all the fun he'd have with his mom but he wouldn't even look at her. He's going to miss his 'guys'.
Marion made another fabulous cake to celebrate Dane's birthday. She's so great to take on the cake project. It would for sure push me over the edge. Planning dinner on a birthday night while wrapping presents comes close enough, ha. Thank you, thank you Marion, he loved it!! He said the sweetest thing as I was tucking him into bed tonight. He said his birthday was all he ever wanted and he got the best presesnts he could think of. Some he didn't even know he wanted. He is such a sweet boy (especially when he isn't tired or hungry!).I have more to post on his birthday but tonight I'm crashing into bed.
11 comments:
You have such the cuties family! I am so amazed how big they are getting. Nathan's thumb wrestle shirt is the best.
OH the cake is so cool.
Marion's cake is awesome. Those kids of yours are growing to fast. Cherish these years. Sending my baby off to university is going to be tough....glad there are still some little ones that I love so I can watch them grow up.
My dad does letter pancakes for my kids when we visit, why am I so boring with circle pancakes?
Boy the kids are handsome. I'm glad you got the internet back so you could show us just how much.
Oh, how these sweet kids are growing up and FAST! You are so good to take pictures and they'll cherish them when they look back in the years to come. We all will! It was a special day yesterday with it being Dane's birthday and the first day of Kindergarten for our 6 year old's! Can't wait for the 1 1/2 year old's big days! We will be busy! Love you, Mel!
As a future teacher, send the note! It is so not weird. I would love getting a note like that.
Also, I can't believe how fast those kids are growing up. Make them stop!
I see those skater shoes everywhere and even asked my oldest, Seth, if he liked them. He was totally oblivious, which was a blessing to me. I think those big, wide, thick shoes are so ugly! But, I don't want to be one of those moms who dresses her boys a la whatever decade I can't get out of and miss some critical fashion fads! After all, I craved/hoped/longed for a pair of white-with-fringe-on-the-back boots. And my mom got me some. But, I AM waiting until he asks.
Oh, goodness, are your kids cute!
Reed WILL miss those kids! You'll have to keep him entertained. :)
Glad the teachers didn't strike...let's hope they don't so you can continue to have a good routine going.
See you Sunday.
That cake is amazing! I really want to learn how to do that.
Your kids look so cute for the first day. I hope they had a great day.
Any teacher would be thrilled to get a note like that! Hooray for teachers who really want to be there, and I say give them all the good feedback you can.
Love all the first day of school pictures. Kathryn's outfit is so dang cute!
Mom did a great job on the cake, it was so cute!
Post a Comment