Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Randoms

:: This week has flown by for me. It's crazy, I can't believe it's already the 19th of September. This month has been eaten up by the start of school, the start of soccer and the management of extremely tired kids. I wonder every year how long it's going to take for them to settle into the routine of going back to school and every year, I realize it's not as soon as I'd like. We're getting closer but haven't quite made it a day without a tired meltdown from someone (sometimes it's me!). I'm hoping it's soon because I'm just plain tired of everyone being tired!

:: Reed has been sick the past few days with croup. He has the raspiest voice and a very barky cough. It peaks at night and his breathing is really wheezy. I took him in yesterday and thankfully he's already starting to sound better. It came out of nowhere too. He wants to be near me all. the. time. He follows me around with his arms up saying, 'Me, me'. It's adorable and exhausting all at once. After I pick him up he points to the couch so I'll sit down with him as he eats his bowl of snacks and watches TV (which of course, I do). The life of a sick 21 month old!

:: We have gorgeous sunsets here. It's one of the things I love about this small town. The other night, I jumped in my car and raced to get a good photo with the clouds in the sky but the sun moved too fast. I was 10 minutes late for the bright, lit up sky but it was still so pretty. I love sunsets.

:: We are full swing soccer and for the first time we have 3 kids on 3 different teams. Tuesdays and Thursdays are busy but the good news is, kids are asleep before 8.

:: We had stake conference last weekend and the Saturday night adult meeting was so good. I'm disappointed I didn't come home and write down what I was feeling because the overall message was so positive and uplifting. The Spirit was strong and each speaker testified of Christ and their message felt like it was meant specifically for me. The music was excellent too. Some of my very favorite songs....I Believe in Christ, I'm Trying to be Like Jesus, I Know that My Redeemer Lives, Our Savior's Love and They Will, O Lord, Be Done were either sung as a congregation or as a musical number. With no little kids crying, no papers rustling or chairs moving, it's much easier to stay in tune with the Spirit and that's why I actually look forward to the Saturday night meeting. I got teary eyed on the last song, I Know that My Redeemer Lives because I do know that He Lives and I'm grateful for it every day.

:: I had a great birthday last week. I had lunch with Milo and dinner with Marion, Shaila and Brianne. It was so good to get out and visit sans kids, both meals actually. Reed doesn't count as being disruptive at lunch, he just ate crayons. Marion made a delicious strawberry cake by Paula Deen, it was so good! I was spoiled with some great presents, some really great good mail from friends and it all softened the blow of somehow turning 34 (it feels like I should still be 26!), thank you!

:: When will there be a week that I get to chill out and read a book outside with a light jacket as I enjoy the fall weather? Any time now would be nice!

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

We do have beautiful sunsets, don't we? They have so many colors in them. Our sunrises are really colorful, too, and it makes me wonder if I've just never noticed them other places or if there are some places with really beautiful ones.

"I got teary eyed on the last song, I Know that My Redeemer Lives because I do know that He Lives and I'm grateful for it every day." Amen. Beautifully said.

The cake sounds good. I'm glad you had a great birthday.

Granny DeeAnn said...

um.... love the sunset. We have very few here because we don't have many clouds. I guess what you will have to do is go to your spot when it is a sunny cloudy day before the sun starts to set. Snap, snap. I'm sure there is a moral about that small window. Quiet time without the busy little bodies..... peaceful!!

Heather said...

Great picture, even if you think you were late snapping it- I thought it looked awesome! Hope Reid is feeling better :)

Heidi said...

That's too bad Reed is sick. I hope he gets better soon. Pretty picture. I miss seeing the stars over in e. wa too.